Street View Spying On Everyone But The Usa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'm a great Google Earther, love to tour around the planet from my chair. However it has struck me that Street View does a better job of portraying non-USA locations. A lot of the USA (home of Google) is scantily covered, whilst they take great pains to saturate other countries. For example a random area in the Netherlands compared to a town in Philadelphia. CIA paying them methinks???

google_maps_1.JPG

google_maps_2.JPG

There was a court case in the uk about 2008 on this issue. The uk did not want street view coverage and I think they had a partial win. Strange however that The USA doesn't get covered.
Conspiracy???

Germany is the least covered of all :)

Their privacy laws are very full on. However it is a two way street (pardon the pun). It's an invasion of privacy but also fantastic to see the world from your pc.

Also, as I've pointed out on several threads, there are lots of areas in the USA they would prefer you didn't see - somewhat blunts their image as a leading first world nation.

baltimore_liquor_store.JPG
baltimore_mosher_street.JPG

wow that last link! Iam never using google maps again!!!!!!!!

I'm a great Google Earther, love to tour around the planet from my chair. However it has struck me that Street View does a better job of portraying non-USA locations. A lot of the USA (home of Google) is scantily covered, whilst they take great pains to saturate other countries. For example a random area in the Netherlands compared to a town in Philadelphia. CIA paying them methinks???

Wow, Bribie, you managed to get the village (Bussum) where I was born into an AHB post!
Also, my nephew and his wife live in Zeist, also on your first map.
Nice work.

I think that is just Google Earth, if you just go to maps.google.com and then off to Philladelphia and drag the little street view man icon onto the map, the whole thing turns blue to indicate it is fully mapped.

<end conspiracy theory>

Also, as I've pointed out on several threads, there are lots of areas in the USA they would prefer you didn't see - somewhat blunts their image as a leading first world nation.

View attachment 50099

sorry mate, but I have to ask, what's wrong with that image, in your eyes ? Its at least the second time you have poted it in the context of "whats wrong about the USA". The streets are clean, the cars are modern, theres no graffiti, and they have bottle shop. Is it because the people are NIGGERS?Because people are SITTING ON THE GROUND/STEPS instead of a seat? Is your posting of this photo a racial slur? It looks like a quaint neighbourhood to me. Why would the government be ashamed of such a photo?

Just about any photo of inner Sydney would look like ******* scum central compared to this.

Is it because chances are the bloke standing up looks to be buying drugs off the as you say 'Niggers'.
I agree though there isn't anything really in those photos.

OH Em GEE

A guy is standing up, and his hand is outstretched to people sitting down. he MUST be buying drugs. Because, um, he's african american.

Its like reefer madness all over again !

apart from fat albert lounging on the stoop, I thought they were both Bribie Island :lol:

Yes I must admit that when I stayed at the Y in Sydney in August, some of the surrounding streets were quite picturesque.

louis_st__Large_.jpg
Eveleigh_st__Large_.jpg

Back