Strawberry Cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shine

Reaction score
Damn woman harps about me brewing beer then asks (really nicely ...odd) if I can make her a strawberry cider like the one she just had in London. Any recipes out there?

i did a strawberry champagne recently as an experiment. Worked pretty well, is a hit with the ladies.

I bought about 5 kgs of strawberries hell cheap at the market. Froze them, then cooked quickly in a sauacepan. Strained the juice and added pectinase, artificial sweetener and sugar and used sn9 yeast, fermented down pretty low. Ended up about 13%. Bottled just in my pickaxe 750ml bottles, primed so it was pretty fizzy.

Ended up with a light pink, perfectly clear sparkling cider/champagne. Has the dry champagne bite, but with a nice strawberry flavour. I'd do it again if i had to... Pretty simple. Main tip is to let it ferment for a long time- think i left mine for about a month, just sitting in the wine cellar in a 5l carboy.

I might put some strawberry flavouring in SWAMBOs keg of soda water... add vodka perhaps. That's a nasty shortcut, but will consider the strawberry recipe, it sounds great!

Back