Stock Clearance Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

major

Reaction score
Ok Fellas, I have a challenge for you all.

My company is sending me to the merry old land of pom for seven months soon. One of the big drawbacks about the move is that I wont be able to take all my brewing gear with me. I have some stocks that I would like to use up and I'm trying to come up with a brew. Here's what I have (approx.)...

Grain
2kg Pale Ale
1kg Munich
2kg Pilsner
1.5kg Crystal
1kg Wheat Gra
0.7kg Choc Grain

Hops
50g Williamette
60g Hersbrucker
10g Saaz
50g Cascade
50g POR
40g Perle
45g Northern Brewer
100g Amarillo

+ Various other bits and pieces. Its not a huge amount, but I've spent hard earned cash on it and would prefer to use it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could use all (or most of these) in a final brew? I was thinking of doing a high gravity brew that could sit in the bottle for the whole time I am away.

Alternatively, the storage place I will use has the option of power. Would all the ingredients store very well if I kept them in a small bar fridge within the storage unit?

Ok, how about an American Barleywine. All the base grains, 750g of the crystal and 100g of the chocolate. Should give you round about 1080 on a 20L batch. Then the Northern Brewer at 60, mix up 50g Amarillo, 50g Cascade and 50g Willamette and add it between 30 and 10. Then the rest of the Amarillo and the Saaz at flame out. Should give you in the 70s IBUs. US05 or something else clean and alcohol tolerant. Give the Hersbrucker and Perle to friends, throwing the POR in the bin. :ph34r: :lol:

Ok Fellas, I have a challenge for you all.

My company is sending me to the merry old land of pom for seven months soon. One of the big drawbacks about the move is that I wont be able to take all my brewing gear with me. I have some stocks that I would like to use up and I'm trying to come up with a brew. Here's what I have (approx.)...

Grain
2kg Pale Ale
1kg Munich
2kg Pilsner
1.5kg Crystal
1kg Wheat Gra
0.7kg Choc Grain

Hops
50g Williamette
60g Hersbrucker
10g Saaz
50g Cascade
50g POR
40g Perle
45g Northern Brewer
100g Amarillo

+ Various other bits and pieces. Its not a huge amount, but I've spent hard earned cash on it and would prefer to use it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could use all (or most of these) in a final brew? I was thinking of doing a high gravity brew that could sit in the bottle for the whole time I am away.

Alternatively, the storage place I will use has the option of power. Would all the ingredients store very well if I kept them in a small bar fridge within the storage unit?

Hi Max.
An APA might be the go.
These are my thoughts

View attachment Maxt__s_APA.txt

Ok, how about an American Barleywine. All the base grains, 750g of the crystal and 100g of the chocolate. Should give you round about 1080 on a 20L batch. Then the Northern Brewer at 60, mix up 50g Amarillo, 50g Cascade and 50g Willamette and add it between 30 and 10. Then the rest of the Amarillo and the Saaz at flame out. Should give you in the 70s IBUs. US05 or something else clean and alcohol tolerant. Give the Hersbrucker and Perle to friends, throwing the POR in the bin. :ph34r: :lol:
I was with you till I got to the hops. Hell, he wants something that's going to age well, right? Then don't wimp out on the hops -- use them all! Just dump all the hops in a bucket, mix them up, and then divide them into seven equal parts. Add at 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 and end of boil. By the time you get back, that will be one excellent beer! Actually even before you get back it'll be nice. And even before you go, it'll be wonderful. :super:

Latest posts

Back