Still Fermenting?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenny23

Reaction score
My coopers stout Has been in the fermenter for 8 days now. I had 2 stable grav readings for 2 days about 1.17- fermentation was close to 20 deg . Now i have added some gelatine and stirred it around and put it in a cooler place about 10-15 degrees. Overnight it started bubling again. Im planning on just leaving it for another day or 2. Has this got something to do with stirring it up, fermentatiion was solid and vigerous.
Ingredients as follows
1 can coopers stout
1 can liquid brewing sugar 1kg
200gms (roughly) LME

Any help appreciated :D

My coopers stout Has been in the fermenter for 8 days now. I had 2 stable grav readings for 2 days about 1.17- fermentation was close to 20 deg . Now i have added some gelatine and stirred it around and put it in a cooler place about 10-15 degrees. Overnight it started bubling again. Im planning on just leaving it for another day or 2. Has this got something to do with stirring it up, fermentatiion was solid and vigerous.
Ingredients as follows
1 can coopers stout
1 can liquid brewing sugar 1kg
200gms (roughly) LME

Any help appreciated :D

Yes, stirring has probably disturbed trapped co2 in the yeast cake. Its probably done. Leave it another day and let it settle and then take a reading. Dont worry about the airlock - go off the SG readings.
Cheers
Steve

Kenny,

Best to leave all brews in the fermenter for 14 days, you will get a cleaner tasting beer as the yeast 'cleans up".

As long as you don't disurb the CO2 layer, it will be safe for a few weeks.

Chantilly Lace

Back