Stepping Up And Storing Liquid Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevo

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,

Thanks to Aussie Claret I've been able to get my hands on a small amount of Ross' 3787 Trappist yeast - between about 50 and 100 mls.

I'm wanting to build this up a bit and store it for later use, I've had a look at Batz' directions for building up from a smack pack.

I intend to use the yeast in some small batches - less than 10 litres - will be good to get as much use from it as possible.

Having never used liquid yeast before- what volumes would people suggest I work through to step up the yeast into useful amounts to store?

Intending also to store in stubbies, these are ok at beer fridge temps for storage? How long is it good to store these for?

Am I even on the right track? Direction to useful posts appreciated as well.

cheers

Kev

So for about 50ml of liquid yeast - up to about 500ml of 1030 -1040 wort.

Then double?

Heaps of info on this, nothing personal just sick of re-typing the same old long winded stuff, searches will provide lots of info. Remember we each have our own ways of achieving the same results, you will no doubt come up with a method that also suits your particular set of circumstances. As a rule of thumb 100g of LDME in 1L of water boiled lightly for 10 min will give you clean useable wort of around 1.040

Back