Steel Supplies In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickb167

Reaction score
Im currently in the process of designing an AG rig and learning how to weld. At the moment im buying my steel from bunnings who has a really small selection and im pretty sure im paying a lot more then i should.

So where can i get lengths of square steel tube in sydney? Preferably in the east.

thanks in advance

nick

I doubt you will find much in the eastern burbs.....best bet would be to find and engineering/fabrication shop..

You may have to travel west to find the bigger steel suppliers.....

Or you could travell to Wollongong and knock on BHP's door :p

Most steel suppliers will deliver to you. I work for an industrial supply co & we deal with Horans steel & Onesteel. Freight charge to sydney metro is $50.

You can most likely buy direct from those 2 mobs on a cash sale basis.

I have bought some steel from Edcon Steel in Brookvale a couple of times. I know its not the Eastern Suburbs but I have found them to be really good to deal with. Both times I have bought sheet metal off cuts and its been cheap as chips and they have also cut it to shape for me. Too easy. Worth the drive over there if there isn't a better option in the East.

Hi Nickb167
Ive have bought steel from ( http://www.mascotsteel.com.au/ ) Mascot steel in Mascot on and of for a few years now and they are great. Ive been in there with some small orders and they were still pleasent. They cut to order and usually do it on the spot. They have got all the gear for welding as well!!

:beer:
BS

edcon and mascotsteel are you best bet for small order stuff.

I doubt you will find much in the eastern burbs.....best bet would be to find and engineering/fabrication shop..

You may have to travel west to find the bigger steel suppliers.....
Or you could travell to Wollongong and knock on BHP's door :p

hi,

try yellow pages for steel merchants in the wollongong area,, the sales outlet for small orders bhp (bluescope steel)

is tubemakers {now onesteel, bluescope i believe.) scrap metal merchants are also worth a try.

cheers

Back