Starting all grain. Crown urn or robobrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cummy

Reaction score
Which way would you go the similar prices?

I have recently made this decision and went the robobrew. One thing to note, however, is that you can buy the keg King malt pipe in store (saw it today) for around $40-50. So a crown urn with a keg King malt pipe is another option you may not have considered.

there's a recent thread here somewhere called gf v braumeister v robobrew, or similar. might be worth a read if you're looking at robobrew.
i went to throw money at a full 3 pot system at the same time as gf came out, and went gf for a little more money and a lot less tinkering. after 41 brews on gf, pretty bloody happy with it and money well spent.

i am still very new to grain brewing and i purchased a robobrew. 3 brews in and I am happy with the ease of use and results!

bouncingcastle said:
I have recently made this decision and went the robobrew. One thing to note, however, is that you can buy the keg King malt pipe in store (saw it today) for around $40-50. So a crown urn with a keg King malt pipe is another option you may not have considered.
Is that the robobrew malt pipe? Or something different?
I emailed kegking not long ago and was told that they don't sell the malt pipe individually. Cheeky bugger may have been having me on!

The robobrew malt pipe. I was in store on Saturday picking up some cam locks and they were individually for sale on the shelf, but they aren't listed on the website.

I was a bit dark as I was lead down the same path as you, but oh well.

I don't know much about those Robobrew things, however I've been using a Crown urn for the last 3.5 years and have been very happy with it. It does have trouble with full step mashes due to the boil dry protection although I don't really see these to be particularly necessary anyway. The other systems I'd imagine would handle these better.

Latest posts

Back