Star San Container Tip

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus, boofreakinhoo schooey. Try paying $35 a throw to replace a fuel cap on a Stihl brushcutter that HASN'T been dropped off a shelf, but has been very carefully and gently closed to JUST seal fuel in, but still fails within a few months anyway!
Look after your stuff and make sure it can't fall off a shelf, ya bloody mug!

5Star should be damned proud of their product, it works, it's cheaper than chips, and failing some hamfisted dropkick getting involved, works without ANY complaint.

Yeh lets blame schooey for all the things that break. :D

Man my franga broke..............dam you schooey ya bloody mug
:lol:

I still am confused by that post, schooey did you borrow someones brushcutter?

Oh yeah my cap broke ages ago so I replaced it with a PET cap didnt think I reinvented the wheel though. But our incider aint the sharpest, let the special kid think hes smart. :p

The lid on the small measured section broke about a month after having it. May have overtightened and it split. The main side is fine because I don't open it. I've just left the measured side open for the past year and a bit, making sure to only fill it with what I need. Using the caps will mean I don't have to worry about that. Good work.

I (drunkenly) purchased a bunch of 3ml test tubes ages ago for slants...(thought they were 30ml) the only thing I can really use them for us measured doses of starsan, once every few months I put 1.5-2ml in each (8-10 of them) and they sit there waiting to be used (sat upright in spare lids)...

my lids are still good.. but then again I dont have to open them as often :rolleyes:

I've found that the lids don't seal so well, had the bottle laying down whilst I was moving house and it leaked throughout my brew bits container. I probably lost an Oz. so no major drama but it would be great if 5* did look in to their product packaging.

this happened with me leaked through all my plastic bits container and rubber parts. It totally ruined my rubber airlock plugs that go in 2lt yeast starter bottles basically ate sections away and swelled up in other parts and some plastic tubing was slimy.
Also my brush that came with my marga mill a few years back was unrecognizable just smoldered away lol.

Just kept filling the container and rinsing untill the bubbles away then pulled out all my extremely sanitized gear that was ruined haha.

(note: been a few months since ive brewed or looked in the conatainer so it could have been leaking for a while.

Latest posts

Back