St. Peter's Fwk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fester

Reaction score
Hi all:

I've been looking at trying some of the St. Peter's FWK. Interested mainly in the American Pale Ale, Summer Ale and Amber Ale. Has anyone tried them and if so what do you think of them?

The extra cost really isn't an issue, I just want an easy to brew kit (all malt) that's half way decent. I've tried the esb 3kg and 4.5lt kits and am very happy with the results. Just want to expand a bit.

cheers.

I have done the celtic red and am very happy with it, my only gripe is it's low alcohol (high 3's to just 4)

Where are the recipes etc

I have brewed all the beers in the St Peters range several times and find them very worthwhile and easy to brew for a great beer, you wont be disappointed.

I have brewed all the beers in the St Peters range several times and find them very worthwhile and easy to brew for a great beer, you wont be disappointed.

what is the range and where do I get it

I have brewed 2. The amber ale got infected, not the FWKs fault, but still very frustrating seeing as the thing cost $40 and the yeast another $15 - that coin would just about buy the ingredients and equipment to do a stove top mini mash of the same style... the second was the hefewiezen FWK, i'm just not that impressed with it, again I used a quality liquid yeast, maybe I just failed when fermenting it.

The reason I used the FWKs is because I left myself short before Christmas and had no time to brew properly, I think that is the only real benefit of them, i.e. if you have NO time at all. Honestly though, I think for the $40 odd they cost, you might as well do a kits'n'bits or extract brew.

I won't be going back there again.

Oh, and the 15l cube takes up half my wheelie bin, PITA!

Hi all:

I've been looking at trying some of the St. Peter's FWK. Interested mainly in the American Pale Ale, Summer Ale and Amber Ale. Has anyone tried them and if so what do you think of them?

The extra cost really isn't an issue, I just want an easy to brew kit (all malt) that's half way decent. I've tried the esb 3kg and 4.5lt kits and am very happy with the results. Just want to expand a bit.

cheers.

i'd say go for it, all are good, and some you will prefer over others according to your taste

i always make them to 19.5 litres, my favourites are;

aussie pale ale fermented with recultured coopers yeast, with 20g of galaxy

czech pilsner fermented with w34/70 or wlp800 (crisper/drier) @ 10 degrees for 2 weeks then lagered for 4 weeks

golden lager fermented with wlp833 german bock @ 10 degrees for 2 weeks then lagered for 8 weeks or more (produces a very smooth malty german style lager along the likes of likes of a spaten)

the brew shop in peakhurst sell them for 39.50 including any of the saf dried yeasts and also give you $2 back for the empties

i'd say go for it, all are good, and some you will prefer over others according to your taste

i always make them to 19.5 litres, my favourites are;

aussie pale ale fermented with recultured coopers yeast, with 20g of galaxy

czech pilsner fermented with w34/70 or wlp800 (crisper/drier) @ 10 degrees for 2 weeks then lagered for 4 weeks

golden lager fermented with wlp833 german bock @ 10 degrees for 2 weeks then lagered for 8 weeks or more (produces a very smooth malty german style lager along the likes of likes of a spaten)

the brew shop in peakhurst sell them for 39.50 including any of the saf dried yeasts and also give you $2 back for the empties

Realy can't go wrong with these fwkits as the last post segest have brewer plenty and have never been disapointed
Bob

I use these all the time. They are a great time saver and turn out great. Like any Home brew you do need to condition them.

I do the ales and make them to 17L mainly. If you want to do the double choc stout. add a 1.5kg thomas coopers wheat LME.

Back