Sprite In The Home Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic:

I like Gatorade, the mix it up cordial type powder.

I am thinking dump some in my next brew and, as if magic, a 'sports beer' !!!

Sports beer! Its gotta be great! been running, thirsty? need hydrating? SPORTS BEER!

**** it, I am gonna try it.

Excellent ... please drink it in the following manner

2006_08_sports_beer_football_helmet.jpg

Sports beer! Its gotta be great! been running, thirsty? need hydrating? SPORTS BEER!

Now that is the idea of a thinking man!! :icon_drunk:

If a CUB brewer sees this it'll be the next thing you see on the shelves at Woolworths Liquor....... in between the VB Gold and Pure Blonde......

Well may you scoff, but Sprite actually works !
Forget the sugar, Sprite contains a synthetic flavour very close (close enough to work) to the flavo-active ingredient in Barberries. Barberries have been used for possibly thousands of years as a wine adjunct, first by the Persians and some say even today by the very best first growth Bordeaux's. They were almost certainly used as a bittering (or tarting) agent in the beers of ancient Sumeria. A quick google will fill you in.

Well may you scoff, but Sprite actually works !
Forget the sugar, Sprite contains a synthetic flavour very close (close enough to work) to the flavo-active ingredient in Barberries. Barberries have been used for possibly thousands of years as a wine adjunct, first by the Persians and some say even today by the very best first growth Bordeaux's. They were almost certainly used as a bittering (or tarting) agent in the beers of ancient Sumeria. A quick google will fill you in.

Hurrah for Google!

But why would we want to put a synthetic wine adjunct (along with all sort of other shit) in beer?

And why not just use barberries - they're not that hard to come by I have some on the shelf?

Back