SPONSORS?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes people dont like being told how to think be it by a government or some forum representive.
I am happy with how each one likes to interpreter the situation.

Airgead said:
*sigh*

Freedom of speech or not, its basic politeness. If I invite you round to my place, you are perfectly free to go on at length about how much my beer sucks, how ugly my kids are, how much better the place would look without my ugly furniture in it and how much you prefer going to other people's houses.

I am also perfectly free to ask you to leave and to never invite you around again because you are a rude prick.

Same applies here. Yes there are issues here. Always will be. Yes we are free to point them out. Preferably in a way that is helpful and leads to getting them fixed (like gently pointing out that my beer tastes like balls and suggesting that sanitation might be helpful). But to bang on at length about how much this place sucks and how much better things are elsewhere then you aren't being helpful. You are being a rude prick.

Lets talk about beer instead. beer is good. Or cider. or mead. Whatever. I'm easy. More talk about beer and less about crap and you know, the place might not suck so much.

I brewed my octoberfect on the weekend. When that's done I'm brewing a German lager. Then maybe a Kolch. Cider is conditioning now. Batches of mead are in various stages of doneness. Life is good.

Cheers
Dave
Agreed, all about manners not supposed "rights"

Gryphon Brewing said:
Free speech comes from facts, not rumours, and the intention must be constructive, not to do harm.
Seems to be that you've inadvertently answered your own unasked question.

Seems to be too much rumours, too much harmful, unnecessary stuff going on from a vocal minority.

We're here to talk beer. If you don't want to talk beer here, go somewhere else.

If you don't like the site, no-one's asking you to stay. If you don't want to sponsor, don't bag out those that do - it's a business transaction.

I generally find that the more a person carries on about their rights, the more xenophobic their behaviour in real life.

Let's get back to talking about beer, peoples.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I generally find that the more a person carries on about their rights, the more xenophobic their behaviour in real life.
One should read ones own posts.
And who gave you the "right" to judge other people ?
Nev

Whether we have freedom of speech or not, nobody has the right to harrass another because of their race, religion, ethnic background etc. And that's what the vocal minority are doing here.
It's illegal and highly enforced and it's downright ******* rude.

Any hint of homo phobia and the whole forum is up in arms, but want to constantly put shit on someone (and not in a joking kiwi/aussie way either) because of their cultural background and people seem to think there are no limits.

Stop mentioning the guys country of origin in every whinge you guys have and you may be taken more seriously. It's deplorable.

Pick the issues, not the man.

edit. I want to say too, that the whole racism thing is driving me away from this forum. Some might cheer and say that's a good thing, but i'd like the mods and management to think about whether i am the only one.

punkin said:
Whether we have freedom of speech or not, nobody has the right to harrass another because of their race, religion, ethnic background etc. And that's what the vocal minority are doing here.
Totally agree, but what I see happening here is some are willing to throw out the baby ( fundamental rights of others) with the bath water.
This is a general statement not @punkin. Your freedom was not given to you but allowed by the loss of others. Many gave a lot for you to have this freedom, so respect it.

I don't think there is a mass exodus over to the other forum. Recently, members from that forum received an email stating that unless there was more traffic, it would close down. I started posting on there more often to try to help keep it active. The other forum is not overly interested in this forum. They are both beer forums and should be treated as such.
Whilst I have my own issues with this site, it isnt the moderation of the forum. I am on other forums that are more restrictive than this one. I personally dont see the need to post confrontational material, being fully aware that it is going to attract the moderating persons.
In my opinion, this is a beer forum, where I come to talk beer, buy stuff and show off my appalling taste in music. I am not in the least concerned about freedom of speech on the internet on a beer forum.
I still don't know what happened to the site sponsors though, and probably don't really care.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Edited for the dodgy "a" button on my keyboard

Back