Sparkling On Handpump At The Coopers Alehouse

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone tell me - what characteristics would a beer have if it were made/prepared especially for a handpump? I've never come across a hand pump!

Main thing is reduced carbonation, but extra hops help as well. The airation takes a lot of the hop components into the foam giving a different taste.

Google 'real ale' or start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cask_ale for more information.

HTH

Dave

Im really wanting to go there to taste there hand pump sparkling! I went there once about three years back and finished one of there schnitys! and im only a little guy! I got a free pint for eating it all!

I had one there last tuesday was ok, mouthfeel was wierd soft fluffy almost wheat beer like which I would put down to the sparkler plate and maybe nitrogen getting introduced then, bitterness seemed quite subdued and very little hop, was just a grainy estery beer. I did enjoy it though, seem they must do the convoluted way of just degassing kegs etc as they have not got the stout on yet as they couldn't get the carbonation/pouring right. I did wonder wether they were just rocking the heck out of the keg to degass and trying to pour it straight away, not sure.
I don't really like sparkler plates so not that keen on how they have choose to do it but I'll be back for some stout soon.
The 3 ravens smoked was great from the bottle but 11 bucks a stubby :unsure:

Was the start of a big drinking session so did not go a schnity as that would have taken up to much space in the beer tank.

Latest posts

Back