South Coast Micros / Brewpubs / Decent Bottleshops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spork

Reaction score
Going for a holiday after xmas to Tura beach (Just out of Merimbula). Last time I was there I was a less discerning drinker...
Any recommendations for good bottle-o between Eden and Tathra? Are there any micros or brewpubs within 100k's of there.
Will take a carton or so of my HB but BiL and my sister will also be helping me to drink it so I may have to restock...

My advice... buy some good craft brew and bring it along...

Good advice Peteoz.

I don't think there's any good beer made south of Wollongong, other than possibly at Fatgodzilla's house. :lol:

a new "tavern" has opened at Tura Beach might be worth a try

otherwise there was a mexican bar type of thing in the main st of merimbula

Looks like I might have to bottle another batch instead of kegging it. Thanks all.

Pop into Hop Dog Beer Works on the way thru Nowra ...

I would, but I'm travelling from Melb, not Sydney...

you could stockup in melbourne before drive....grand ridge might worth a look on the way thru..there mountain goat in richmond..

leave your HB at home and revell in the glory of $45 plus cases of bogan beer or something as equally holiday *******.....

you wont find a beer snob down there for miles, hundreds of miles, except that one fella' from Canberra who makes ittermittent trips to Tathra
to fish and enjoy quality brew bought from a bottlo at home.......

yes, for **** sake take beer with you...leave the wife at home if you need the room, or tell the BIL to go to the local for a case.....

whatever, dont take the risk, its not worth it. B)

I don't think there's any good beer made south of Wollongong, other than possibly at Fatgodzilla's house. :lol:

If you tasted my last few efforts, you wouldn't be so kind. Thankfully there are many good brewers south of Wollongong, north of Crown Street .. well that is contentious :rolleyes:

If there is a good bottlo in the Sapphire Coast, I haven't found it. Brewpubs on the south coast.. ha ha ha! Good one!

Mogo Bottle Shop at the outer extreme of your 100km limit (Just south of Batemans Bay .) has a goodish but small selection of craft beers. But it'd be close to hour & half drive one way so probably uneconomical. Just go to the Tura Country Club and drink Tooheys Old, or bring your own from whatever source. Just like I have for 18 years!

If you get desperate or come for a day trip to beautiful Tuross Head, give me a hoy and I'll throw some IPAs or similiar in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back