Sourcing Ingredients/kits In Adelaide......?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbennie

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering if people know where I can now get ingredients here in Adelaide. I used to get partial mash kits from Grumpy's. Then they moved away from their home brew components. I then got some stuff from the Thirsty Monk on Duthy street but he has now closed. I don't know where else to source from now? I don't have the time to travel big distances (I'm in the Adelaide Hills - hence Grumpy's was REALLY convenient!) but also don't want to stick with buying a tin from Woolies!

I'm trying to get back into Home Brew but it's proving difficult!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Chris

BeerBelly
www.beerbelly.com.au

edit: Welcome to the forums mate!! I dont know of anything else in the hills that would do the job for you. Even my bro who lives in Woodcroft will drive out to Beerbelly, but he does have business connections there too...

Hi hatchor

yes - found this site a few days ago but by the time I drive out there and back......it would be just as cheap to go buy a carton of beer!

You don't have to drive out to beerbelly.
It's only $6 to get it couriered to your place (Edit: usually the next day if you need & ask for it). Well it is $6 for me, but i'm 5-10mins south of the city, not in the hills, but i'm pretty sure it's a flat rate.

For me, the $6 is cheaper than the petrol to get there, and saves me a lot of time.

I'm pretty sure all there kits are UNhopped (they didn't when they opened anyway), so you'd have to do extract brews. But this isn't a bad thing at all.

There's also a reputable place in Holden Hill called brew maker, but i'm not sure if they deliver.

Cheers,
Al

As A3k said you can get deliveries for around $6 for up to 20kg. So if you buy your tins from your supermarket and plan 3 or 4 brews, the freight per brew becomes quite cheap.

dont forget if your after kits still brewing are selling master brews and are in the adelaide hils but i go to beerbelly close to home

Back