Sour Cherry Juice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillscottish

Uh, Detective Parson, madam.
Reaction score
I'm looking at adding some to a Cherry Saison I just made. I used 3 jars of sour cherries towards the end of fermentation but the flavour or sharpness just isn't there. In my web trawling today I've come up with sour cherry drinks available from Turkish grocery suppliers.

Dimes and Tamek.

Has anyone used these with any success? Anyone know a place in Brisbane that might stock them - I can't track anything down on the net.

I know you can get a Cherry juice from health food stores but at $17 / 500ml it's a little pricey.

Cheers

Campbell

Looked for this stuff all over without success till yesterday. I was walking past a shop at Stones Corner and they had cases of the stuff outside. Went in and they had every Sour Cherry product imaginable and multiple brands of it. I bought a couple of varieries of juice to try and will report back on how it goes.

Cheers

Campbell

Let us know how you go. I've previously tried pasteurising fresh cherries and racking a porter on top.
Came out nice but just the merest hint of (not sour, couldn't find even fresh ones) cherry and a hassle with cherry mess in secondary, plus the fresh cherries cost a bomb.
This looks promising.

SS

The sour cherries were they the Morello Cherries (750g?) jar? How long did you leave them on the cherries and did you freeze before hand?

The reason for asking is I'm planning a similar beer and would like to understand others techniques and what has worked or not worked.

Latest posts

Back