Sorry don't need your $$$'s

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DU99

Reaction score
when looking o-rings in bulk and looked at a few sites and majority recommend this company http://www.mcmaster.com/# so i sent off a pm asking could i buy from them and this is the reply i got

Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international orders only from our established customers. This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States , because it is based on the final destination of the items. We will not provide a quotation or accept your orders.
how do they get established customer's then..in other word's they don't want NEW order's.

Yeah, they're great aren't they. They're usually pretty exy anyway, but geez they have some stuff others don't. I buy silicon o-rings off Amazon (i think they're sold by Small Parts). Can usually buy bigs packs i.e. 50 or 100 for the same price as 5 here in Oz.

Try here http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SLE5LS/ref=biss_dp_sa1

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably been burnt before.
Or maybe just don't want the hassle.
Or scared of foreigners.

Or they are protecting their wholesale customers' business.
Lots of places in the US won't sell direct to retail customers in Oz, because they have an Aussie "distributor".

Xenophobic?

Actually, KTM has a similar policy in regard to OEM parts for similar reasons mentioned by mikec.

Looks like this.

KTM prevents us (and every other dealer in the US) from shipping KTM OEM parts to customers whose shipping address is outside the United States. These parts include oem microfiche parts, and any part in the KTM Hard Parts Catalog. We do ship our extensive inventory of non-oem parts including Akrapovic, CJ Designs, Rally Raid, Touratech, Hepco Becker, GB Racing, R&G, Dynojet, ZipTy, Powerlet, Leo Vince, Graves, Remus, FMF, Super Plush, STM, Galfer, Brembo, Uni and more. We carry more non-oem parts than KTM oem, and are adding more every day

This ensured KTM Australia got their fair share of market gouging. Local sourced OEM parts prices are ridiculous.
I have now returned to Ducati ownership.

From my experience (10 years working for a company which imports from the US and Asia and then distributing throughout Australia) they either have a company which deals with there items here in Australia (maybe even under a different name) or they have been burnt before (as stated above)

Also being orings (rubber or silicon) customs are a NIGHTMARE with them. Any type of rubber (remember this can include silicon) is deemed as a bit of a grey area with importing and exporting and it becomes very difficult for new shipments or first time customers.

Ppp said:
Yeah, they're great aren't they. They're usually pretty exy anyway, but geez they have some stuff others don't. I buy silicon o-rings off Amazon (i think they're sold by Small Parts). Can usually buy bigs packs i.e. 50 or 100 for the same price as 5 here in Oz.

Try here http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SLE5LS/ref=biss_dp_sa1
Thanks for the link, but I'm a bit dubious about Amazon's "Similar Product suggestion" algorithm:
gallery_7239_412_11989.png

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmBeer said:
Thanks for the link, but I'm a bit dubious about Amazon's "Similar Product suggestion" algorithm:
gallery_7239_412_11989.png

:blink:
Me to.
One and a half stars?
Pffft....forget it.

Dave70 said:
Me to.
One and a half stars?
Pffft....forget it.
Go for the one that received 3 stars. It does seem a bit pricey at 18 dollars, but it is adjustable for those requiring such a feature.

Dave70 said:
Xenophobic?

Actually, KTM has a similar policy in regard to OEM parts for similar reasons mentioned by mikec.

Looks like this.

KTM prevents us (and every other dealer in the US) from shipping KTM OEM parts to customers whose shipping address is outside the United States. These parts include oem microfiche parts, and any part in the KTM Hard Parts Catalog. We do ship our extensive inventory of non-oem parts including Akrapovic, CJ Designs, Rally Raid, Touratech, Hepco Becker, GB Racing, R&G, Dynojet, ZipTy, Powerlet, Leo Vince, Graves, Remus, FMF, Super Plush, STM, Galfer, Brembo, Uni and more. We carry more non-oem parts than KTM oem, and are adding more every day

This ensured KTM Australia got their fair share of market gouging. Local sourced OEM parts prices are ridiculous.
I have now returned to Ducati ownership.
Yet I could order Ducati Corse parts from the States cheaper than my employer (A Ducati dealership) could buy it from NF Imports.

Latest posts

Back