• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

"son Of Fermenter" Free, Perth.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyo

No Chillin' Like a Villain.
Reaction score
This was crafted up by Rod AKA "Rude" from AHB and was kindly donated to me for a few beers. It has seen me through over a year of fermenting and controls the temp really well.
I now finally have a fermenting fridge so no longer need it.
I'm hoping for around $5000.00 for it, but I will settle for a couple of your finest.

It runs on a 12V computer fan. You place the frozen bottles at the back compartment and the thermostat controlled fan blows the cold air around and back over onto the fermenter. It also has a light socket fitted for brewing in Winter, though I have never worried about using it.
When brewing outside in Summer it can be a pain as you sometimes have to do two water bottle changes per day (though I was brewing outside, ambient temps inside would make things very different)

It can be picked up from Armadale next weekend or the following weekend. I have a trailer you can borrow if needed.

Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good work mate, surely someone will take you up on it! Temp control is critical....

Also, really good work on cleaning that fermenter, or is it brand new? :p

Good work mate, surely someone will take you up on it! Temp control is critical....

Also, really good work on cleaning that fermenter, or is it brand new? :p

:unsure:
It's from kegging up on Friday and it full of percarbonate as we speak!!

Geez, you sound like the wife- "Have you been wearing those jocks all week?"

How much did it cost to make? I had to triple check the price you listed. It's a lot of money!! :blink:

Edit: Nevermind, I think I missed the joke

Gone to Samward.

-Jimmeh. It's free, mate! I was just taking the piss.

I'm not sure about the cost of construction. Google "son of fermenter" and you will find a "how to" guide with approximate costs.
Cheers.

Back