Soft Drink Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super_simian

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just brewed 50 litres of cheap lager ([Coopers can, 1kg dextrose, S189] x2) for a party I'm throwing, but after seeing how my collection of Grolsch swingtop and Coopers longnecks fared at recent BBQs etc, I wouldn't mind doing this lot all in 2 litre PET, as a one-off for the party. Does anyone have or know where I could get 25x2L bottles, preferably at less than $1 each?

just a word of warning on soft drink bottles. Its probably fairly obvious, but the plactic holds flavour from the drink, so be sure to buy soda water rather than cola or anything strongly flavoured. I had a couple of literes of suprisingly pleasant passionfriut dark ale after running out of glass and grabbing what was on hand

Wake up BribieG... your topic keyword auto search failed ... I'm yet to see your infamous Aldi Regal photo on this thread!!

A secondary benefit is that all of the male partygoers will be rendered infertile by the plasticisers in the PET plastic, so all those drunken nookie antics will not result in bastards being born.

Bonus. Dead swimmers killed by pseudoestrogen!

PET: the thinking man's solution.

I've grabbed, along the way, a couple of Cascade Sparkling Apple Juice bottles: cheapish and dark-coloured glass. There's usually Home Brand variations on this available, too.

I put on a cider a couple of weeks ago, 18x3L bottles of apple / apple & pear juice... I kept them for mini fermenters when I start experimenting. Could also use for bottling I guess, although 3 litres of 6% cider in one sitting may do some damage :icon_drunk:

Unfortunately ALDI have gone out of 99c 2L cola bottles, my mainstay until I started kegging.
I never had any flavour carry over but I can imagine that something such as passiona might well hang around.

Peak_Beer.JPG

Try Woolies for 2L soda water bottles.

Latest posts

Back