Sodium Dichloro-isoanyurate. Bottle Wash And Steilizer. Has Anyone Use

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeastie Beastie

Reaction score
Last title sentence is meant to be: Has anyone used this product?

Yesterday during a shop at the home brew shop I picked up the product above and really just wanted to know if anyone has tried this product before.

Bottle wash AND sterilizer? That is what the pack states.

Directions: Mix 20grams to 5 litres of hot water. Wash all items then rinse with warm water.

On reading previous topics here, noticably covered on many occassions, everyone general opinion is that there is no product that will wash AND sterilize in one wash. On saying this I don't really want to put ALL my faith in the label but want a bit of backup that this is a good product.

Google is your friend Linky
It's releasing chlorine, so very similar to bleach, which I guess is why they're saying it's a detergent as well, though to me it seems to be a bit of tenuous link.
Supposedly used in some of the newer water treatment tablets.

As a kind of disinfectant, it can sterilize drinking water, swimming pool, tableware and air, fight against infectious diseases as routine disinfection, preventive disinfection and environmental sterilization in different places, act as disinfectant in raising silkworm, livestock, poultry and fish, and also can be used to prevent wool from shrinkage, bleach the textile and clean the industrial circulating water.

Not sure about you, but nothing I read about it makes me want to use it, except if perhaps I can get my hands on some sodium gluconate.

Wash all items then rinse with warm water.

After you sanitise something rinsing it with water has the possibility of reintroducing contaminants. After rinsing with water you might want to use a no-rinse sanitiser anyway. ;)

After you sanitise something rinsing it with water has the possibility of reintroducing contaminants. After rinsing with water you might want to use a no-rinse sanitiser anyway. ;)

My thoughts exactly.
I usually wash and then sanitize with a no rinse....2 sinks of water as opposed to 3 with this new product ultimately.

Back