Slow Fermentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJB

Reaction score
I put a brew down yesterday using White Labs Irish AleYeast. I activated the yeast using the method on the white labs website andadded it to my wort. The instructions said it should be bubbling away within12-15 hours but I am yet to see any signs and if there are any there is nogreat speed to them. I have double checked all temps and anything else I cancheck and even had them checked by someone else. I'm just wondering if anyoneelse has had this issue and if so how did you go about correcting it. Or it mayjust be that Im a little impatient but either way Id love some feedback.

Cheers

JB

gravity readings? check those first. They are the most reliable way to ensure that fermentation has started. Never trust your airlock. It can stop bubbling when fermentation is still going, and it can bubble after fermentation has finished. They are the most inaccurate method to trust when it comes to fermentation.

I have not used that yeast before, but to me 12-15 hours is not a long time. Most of my beers fire up in under 24, but it's not uncommon for fermentation to take 48hrs to fire up.

Wait until tomorrow to decide if it's started or not.

Back