Sleeve fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amup said:
Thanks guys this first pics
My S/G
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411618879.814205.jpg
Don't do that
Draw off a sample into a testing tube, otherwise you're risking infection and wasting all that time and effort

I have one, it was the first fermenter I got and I still use it. The thing I like about it is the tap is a bit higher than regular fermenters which gives you more control of the trub and hop matter entering whatever vessel you are transferring to, whether its a secondry, keg, bottles or whatever.

Its also the easiest to clean out of all my fermenters, seamless really. No grommets or screw threads, the tap seperates in to two parts.

Plus its see through so you get to see the yeast cascading around, which is pretty cool.

I would own more, but they only come in a kit with bottles and a tin etc which costs around $100. Can't justify spending that much on a plastic tub.

calobes said:
I would own more, but they only come in a kit with bottles and a tin etc which costs around $100. Can't justify spending that much on a plastic tub.
Actually Coopers sell them on their own now. Refer to my previous post in this thread.

So does that top section just slide inside the bottom part and seal ? Is there an airlock?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

just slides in, no airlock. They call it a "Krausen collar". It moves up and down depending on co2 levels.

Just saw that panzerd, still $65 after shipping is a bit steep imo

Judanero said:
Is that hydrometer actually in your fermenter?
Yep always do it at the mix stage never had any dramas yet as all my stuffs clean

I guess he doesn't want to lose his 150ml doing so each time. Personally I would only use the tap.

I always tap it for any readings after yeast is added
But at the initial mixing stage the lid is of any way and the hydrometer is always washed and sanitized I don't see the problem what's the difference between hydrometer and mixing spoon
Maybe one day it will bite me on the arse and I will regret not heeding the advice so generously given but even then it still could be my spoon right?
:)

Amup said:
I always tap it for any readings after yeast is added
But at the initial mixing stage the lid is of any way and the hydrometer is always washed and sanitized I don't see the problem what's the difference between hydrometer and mixing spoon
Maybe one day it will bite me on the arse and I will regret not heeding the advice so generously given but even then it still could be my spoon right?
:)
I don't think I have picked up a spoon in my brewery for a very long time. What at are you using the spoon for?

Back