Show us your Brew Brat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little helper back when I used to bottle my brews

2012-08-10_11-28-41_586.jpg

goomboogo,

We have a 12½ year old pug, when she was younger she looked just like yours.

She's down in BS2 is my assistant but, like yours, completely useless for brewing except for some company.

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Three years old and the only way to keep him out of trouble in the brewhouse (garage) is to let him play in the 'little car'.
He's only tooted the horn once when I was bottling at the bench near the front end of the car....my best vertical leap of all time.
IMAG0139_BURST002.jpg
I'll bump this one to remove any potential future accusations of preference. My dad visited last week so we had a tri-generational brewday (he also acted as official photographer).
Here's the eldest of my brew assistants, one day before her 7th birthday, keeping a very watchful eye on the cleat.

IMG_0581s.JPG

Yob said:
That's a nice tribe of rangas mate ;)
Ha! And true to legend they need some serious 'ranga management'
Musta got the temper from their mum :ph34r:

Righto Yob, I'll join the proud dad thread.

I used to think kegging was easy till Connor started to help out. Business is named after the little man. He proved himself worthy by requesting small bowls of crystal malt to snack on in car trips and attempting to up sell customers with random brew gear he grab off the shelf chirping "here you go man". Then just when I though Connor was getting to big to clean out the mash tun from the inside along comes Caelin, a perfect fit for any brew vessel.

Awesome having them, the best thing to happen. But gee whiz brew days are getting slim on the ground now. time for midnight brewing I guess...

caelin.png

connor.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398168817.943377.jpg

I'll jump in on the thread revival too. My little brew hand helping me out with a Kolsch.

Meet the latest addition to my brewing staff. His name is Felix, and like the other two, he's more of a hindrance than a help. He was born 3 days ago at home.

The details: weighs about 3kg, farts like a champion and spends more time around boobs than most blokes do. He's shaping up to he a proper little champ already.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403579212.664248.jpg

See my avatar pic. :)

It's getting on a bit now and I'm just waiting for number 2 to stand (she's almost there) but when she does I shall update it with two in the pot :D

We may go for number three, I may need a bigger pot :ph34r:

Ruckus said:
farts like a champion and spends more time around boobs than most blokes do. He's shaping up to he a proper little champ already.
I like the cut of his Jib

:beerbang:

No pic for this one, but a delivery rocked up last night and my youngest boy (3) wanted to look inside. Saw the grains and said "For daddy's beer, dad?"
Mum walked past and then he picked up a pack of hops. "Hops, hoppies dad!"

Mum was stunned. "Did he seriously just say hops?"

F^&k yeah he did.

I've got a video of my little fella and my wife asked him what Daddy does outside.

"making beers!" was his response. he then waited a bit and said "yep" just to confirm to Mummy that's what Daddy does outside. \m/

warra48 said:
goomboogo,

We have a 12½ year old pug, when she was younger she looked just like yours.

She's down in BS2 is my assistant but, like yours, completely useless for brewing except for some company.
...and moral support.

My two (girl - prob young woman - 19yrs, and son - 12 yrs) are both over 5 1/2 ft tall (towering over their mother), and mill my grain with the hand-cranked mill, as well as occasionally providing other help as required. Pass me the 10 min hops, etc.

Daughter is studying Chem Eng and knows a lot more about beer, beer styles and brewing than I did at her age, and blames me for it. Doesn't want to taste my beer or provide feedback on aroma or anything. Teetotal is the right term, I believe.

Latest posts

Back