Should I buy a KegKing Grain Mill Motor?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love bunnies for their no drama returns / swaps / replace policy

They can be average in some ways but they get that bit right

i'll take a pic of my setup later i would like to remodel it into something pretty but it happily sorts the grain as is

I'm just about to mount a 1.1kW motor on my mill which I bought at auction. It already has a reduction drive on it - notched (timing belt) real heavy duty shit, from 1440rpm to 865rpm and I'm going to use a 5mm x 15mm timing belt and timing gears to cut that in half again. Motor is fully reconned, straight out of the box for fifty bucks and it will cost around twenty five bucks for the belt and timing gear for the mill. 1.1kW is awsome non-stoppable power especially geared down to around 400rpm

400rpm seems way too fast, at least for a typical two knurled roller mill. I'd hesitate to run one of those mills any faster than about 100rpm for fear of shredding the husks.

Are you using a fluted roller mill and will it cope with the higher speed better?

labels said:
I'm just about to mount a 1.1kW motor on my mill which I bought at auction. It already has a reduction drive on it - notched (timing belt) real heavy duty shit, from 1440rpm to 865rpm and I'm going to use a 5mm x 15mm timing belt and timing gears to cut that in half again. Motor is fully reconned, straight out of the box for fifty bucks and it will cost around twenty five bucks for the belt and timing gear for the mill. 1.1kW is awsome non-stoppable power especially geared down to around 400rpm
I hope you don't get any stones in your malt... I'd rather stall a motor than shred a mill.

Latest posts

Back