Shipping Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus... that's awesome :lol:

photo 1 = a fat mol with a yeast infection

:lol:
i think its an infection?

wonder what the crane operator was thinking when he was hoisting it?

ill drink to that. man shipping containers are strong (not as strong as yeast)

Awesome. That's what's u get when u have guys with IQ of 70 earning $100k a year for doing nothing or stevadors.

Just showed missus and she didn't believe it. I had to explain the power of yeast and CO2

Just showed missus and she didn't believe it. I had to explain the power of yeast and CO2
I'm not sure i believe it either - there has to be something additional going on.
It appears to be 3 containers and that amount of 'yeast' is just massive, what process/factory would use wet-yeast like that. As fraser_john said, shipping 'yeast' combined with fermentables just does not make sense - no reason to ship 'yeast' like that, unless another product (including yeast) was being shipped. In addition if it was a recent thing, the ambient outside temperature (especially at sea) would have been no more than 8-14C anyway and most yeast is not happy or that active at those temps.
Obviously something has happened, and it may well involve yeast, however I'm doubtful that it was just yeast being shipped - too many fermentables would be required to create a fermentation explosion on that scale - but I'd love to know what the full story was. :)

more likely that there is a bloke in there somewhere that is married with a couple of kids , then and some random hot woman looked at him sideways.....

MSB

Lesson: put an airlock on your container before shipping.

In addition if it was a recent thing, the ambient outside temperature (especially at sea) would have been no more than 8-14C anyway and most yeast is not happy or that active at those temps.
In my previous job we used shipping containers for storage and as site offices and I can tell you right now that ambient temps have nothing to do with the actual temp inside one. You get a clear day and they become an oven.

I know why it blew up,,,,,

No kittens in the airlock!

Latest posts

Back