Setting Up A Gifted KK Kegerator Mark3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbsucker

Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to be gifted a KK Kegerator Mark3 and two corny kegs. However I am trying to wrap my head around setup and what I am missing:

I have been watching a few youtube vids on Kegerators and getting my head around set up and force carbonating.

As far I have figured out I will need the following things (Please fill in any blanks).
  1. A Co2 tank ($190) to which I connect MK3 Multi Gas Regulator Co2, O2, Ar, N2 (0-50Psi) ($60).
  2. Then I connect a Stainless Tee - 6Mm Barb ($3) to the gas out line so I split my gas to the two kegs.
  3. Then I will replace all the 4mm silicone hose since the old was grubby / worn.
  4. Then I will need 2 gas Stainless Ball Lock Disconnect MFL and 2 liquid Stainless Ball Lock Disconnect MFL ($15 each).
Their is however one small catch, KegKing is out of stock off almost everything on the list except for the hose. Grain and Grape does not carry most of the stuff and neither does Home Make It.

KegKing says that they cannot give me an ETA for anything.

Where else can I find these components?

I have cleaned the fridge and boiled all the metal fittings, removed the old hose and reassembled most of it.

Last edited:
Lots of places, Have you tried National homebrew, hoppy days, brewmart, ebay or your LHBS?

I was hoping for something local, Home Make It is my LHBS then Grain and Grape if I need something special.

I am looking at National homebrew, hoppy days, brewmart

Am I missing anything from list?

Spare o-rings for your kegs, I bought a keg king Cornelius repair kit which has been very useful for bringing my second hand kegs up to scratch.
also the barbs with a swivel nut for connecting to your MFL disconnects. oh yeah some keg lube might be handy.

Hoppy days has most of the things on my list. National homebrew has bad search results, you have to read a list and not skim image icons.

I fear the postage will be a killer shipping interstate and with xmas comming it maybe 2018 before any packages arrive.

I am looking at some ebay options, there seems to be a few VIC sellers that have stock.

Will be getting the swivel nuts for my MFL, the keg lube is interesting.

Last edited:
For my ball lock disconnects I use barb fittings with a hose clamp. Not better or worse than flare fittings IMO, just what was in stock when I got my kit. Never had leaks on gas or beer side. Good luck and congrats on the great system.

a tap tool is useful too, make a list and give it to your rellies as an xmas wish list. no one thing is really expensive and they can do the running around ;)
edit: maybe the gas bottle.. make that a gift to your self

You mean this

http://kegking.com.au/5-in-1-faucet-tap-wrench-spanner.html

8060-5-in-1-tool-font-beer-tap.jpg

Grain and Grape should have all of that in stock. I set up my keg fridge from parts in the shop. They also have John Guest fittings for the gas line. They are usually very helpful. Go down and they will sort you out.

Craftbrewer should have everything as well. For a splitter I'd not recommend John Guest, that stainless one you mention should be perfect. You'll not need to disconnect it so a set-and-forget splitter is best.

You missed out a very, very important item: a non return valve for the gas line, to prevent your reg getting destroyed.

You can fit 3 cornies in quite easily but with restricted headspace you can end up with a rat's nest of lines which is another reason to avoid John Guest fittings for splitters, which can get stressed and damaged when you are doing Keg Tetris. :confused: However JG fittings are really good for quick disconnects where you need to do some rotating of lines.

To take taps on and off, this is probably all you'll ever need. Plus a wee tube of lube.

Back