Scratch Bar Qld Beer Week Entries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, judging is today isn't it.... Was planning on a possible lunch-time beer. If they're still going I can heckle ;)

Judging is tonight - We are still looking for some judges I believe, anyone can give me a call if interested...

Cheers Ross

Damn, wish I could, but I've entered...

And I work tomorrow, and I Know the majority of entries are over 9%...

:)

Damn, wish I could, but I've entered...

And I work tomorrow, and I Know the majority of entries are over 9%...

:)

Would be great to have your input - Unlikely you'll be in all 4 classes being judged, give me a call...

cheers Ross

Hmmm, will let you know.

Need to clear it with The Minister for War and Non-Beeryness.

What time is the judging kicking off?

Nick

Hmmm, will let you know.

Need to clear it with The Minister for War and Non-Beeryness.

What time is the judging kicking off?

Nick

6. o'clock. Though I may head up earlier if I can get there.
There are 4 groups of approx 15 beers & it's just a case of picking 2 winners from the group you're judging. So should be a fairly easy judging process.

Cheers Ross

OK, sounds like a plan. Will let you know in a hour or two,

Cheers

6. o'clock. Though I may head up earlier if I can get there.
There are 4 groups of approx 15 beers & it's just a case of picking 2 winners from the group you're judging. So should be a fairly easy judging process.

Cheers Ross
Ohhhh, ill be coming past at about 9pm, might stop in!

Sounds good Wade!

Currently working on permissions....

Where is the 'Like' button on here... ;)

And/or the 'why did I do that last night' button.

We shall see... ^_^

OK, I'm in, there by about 6:20...

Cheers

OK, make it 6ish... Yep.... Hmmm... me too.

Big nite for beers, just need to wait for the dust to settle and the results will be annouced.
Thankfully avoided the headache flight this time.
To those there - see you at da cow :party:

Great night, some excellent beers and some not so... Overall a great turnout of entries, and some pretty good judges!

Had a great night. Now waiting for a train home and not looking forward to tomorrow... ;)

Cheers!

I was tempted to join the fun but seeing what time you got home I'm glad I decided against it - Hump Day tastings at kerbside tomorrow so needed to save my leave pass.

From the Scratch's face book page

Well done lads... Look forward to sampling at beer week.

Big ups to our first winners of the homebrew competition!
We had loads and loads of entrants, and had to pick but a small handful of winners! We decided some of our favourite runners up still will be made and poured at a later date, so if you missed out this time, we may still be in touch yet!

We had some great use of QLD ingredients, and a couple of beers got the nod in tight calls with the add...ed bonus point!

The following brewers will be having their beers poured here at The Scratch as part of our homebrewers feature in July!

Campbell Ritchie aka Stillscottish & his "Suck On Me Plums" - a rainforest saison brewed with davidson plums.

Dave Clarke aka Toybox Brewing and his "Hop Control Centre" Double India Pale Ale

Gavin Croft and his "Paddington Breakfast" - a smoked blueberry milk stout with a story!

Rod Lock aka 4-4-2 and his "Jindilli Nut Brown" - a brown ale infused with roasted macadamia nuts

Well done to all above, and thanks to all entrants, we'll be doing more of these events in the future for sure! Have fun brewing winners!

Latest posts

Back