Sabsosa Entries Reminder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poiter

Reaction score
Just a reminder that SABSOSA entries to qualify for the AABC are due in by August 31. Judging and presentation dates are Sep 16th and 23rd. If you want to be involved in helping to organise the event please make contact.

The style catagories and guidelines are available on the sabsosa website, sabsosa.com.au I believe these are about to be updated to come in line with the categories and style guidelines recently adopted by all states for AABC qualifying.

Entry forms can be downloaded from the website. Delivery options are also given on the same website.

We have some new sponsors to thank for their support, in Borossa Valley Brewing of the Bee Sting fame and Mash Master, who many of us are familiar with for their range of brewing products, (strong affiliation!), among the regulars, Coopers, Grain and Grape, TWOC, The Holdfast Brewpub, Brewmaker and possibly others to come on board.

I hope all regular entrants and new brewers will support our local comp.

Questions can be fielded thro this web site or thro contacts on the sabsosa we site.

Just a quick bump to remind SA brewers that time is running out to get your entries ready for this year's comp.

Last date for entries is 31st Aug. They can be dropped off at Grumpy's at Handorf or Brew Maker at Holden Hill. Entry forms are also available at these stores. Thanks for your support Guys.

What are people entering? It's a good idea to taste your intended entries with the style guidelines in hand to see which category they best fit into. Take note of the updated style and category guidelines for 2007. Some additions and changes. Lots of entries means many opportunities for a beer!

Let's do SA proud. Good luck with your entries.

Closed to WA brewers, due to the fact that we now have our own qualifier.
Would have been nice to know this before sending a package over to Sa. <_<

Closed to WA brewers, due to the fact that we now have our own qualifier.
Would have been nice to know this before sending a package over to Sa. <_<

Cheers Vlad :chug:
I'll look out for them and share around after the gig.
Any other W.A guys do the same thing?

Happy to help there!

But seriously, with state competitions all heading into the nats, I don't see why any missent WA entries couldn't be included the same way as past years?

No Kai, not mis-sent at all.
I was prompted by a SABSOSA organiser by way of e-mail to get my entry in soon, to let it settle etc.
How many others have been led up the garden path?

Sorry Vlad, 'missent' was a bit pejorative. I just liked the word.

Nonetheless I still think they ought to count towards AABC entry and ought to be judged accordingly.

No Kai, not mis-sent at all.
I was prompted by a SABSOSA organiser by way of e-mail to get my entry in soon, to let it settle etc.
How many others have been led up the garden path?

Oops. It was me that replied to that email last week saying I didnt think there would be many WA entries as we have our own comp now. But at that point they were soliciting hard for entries, so I cant see how they can change the rules and reject them.

Unless they are concerned about being beaten by the west coast lads gl.

Cheers
Big D

whoops, i take back everything until the anwabs come up :p
rock on sabsosa, sapasasa, sanfl, afl, dishlickers handicap, whatever...

Any WA entries received will be judged with the SA entries, but won't receive awards or trophies. If they score highly we will let you know and maybe a decision can be made in WA as to whether or not it can qualify for the Nationals by comparing scores with similar WA judged beers. Is this fair? We could always send them back if there's time before the WA comp. Any other ideas can be posted for discussion.

We will watch out for any lumps in your beer!

Latest posts

Back