Roos Vs U R Gay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talk about making it hard..

Well well well. Australia make it to the Soccer World Cup. Congratulations.

The past few years I've had the pleasure of reminding Aussie soccer fans of the fact that NZ has been to the World Cup more recently that Australia (1982-Spain, and I remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch the games in my early teens).

So here's hoping they make the most of the opportunity.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Well well well. Australia make it to the Soccer World Cup. Congratulations.

The past few years I've had the pleasure of reminding Aussie soccer fans of the fact that NZ has been to the World Cup more recently that Australia (1982-Spain, and I remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch the games in my early teens).

So here's hoping they make the most of the opportunity.

Beers,
Doc
[post="91055"][/post]​

I was playing club soccer in NZ at the that time. Just reminded Mrs Nonic of 82 then read Doc's comment :lol:

That was a great game, and a well deserved victory. Love youse all :beer: :chug:

I must confess I punched the floor pretending it was Viduka's good leg on the penalty shoot out. :eek:

I know there's a lot of pressure, but have you ever seen such a piss-poor shot? :unsure:

Thank goodness Schwartzer managed to stop a second one. :beerbang:

Well done fellahs! :beer:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

Deserved the win. My fingernails are gone. :p

Great saves from Schwarzer. :beerbang:

That was the first full game of Soccer I have ever watched. Very impressive.
Germany seems a great place for the World Cup. Lots of beer & hooligans.
I guess this is a true "WORLD" Cup, unlike Rugby, League, Cricket, or Baseball's World Series.
If Australia plays England at soccer, sorry Football, who will Ross be supporting?
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard_M said:
I guess this is a true "WORLD" Cup, unlike Rugby, League, Cricket, or Baseball's World Series.
[post="91065"][/post]​

The world series is called that because it was started by a newspaper called 'the world'. That's why they don't let teams from other countries in. It's a strictly American competition.

What a great day!

Aussies in the world cup & and the poms lose a cricket match!

Congratulations Aussies,

I will brew a big amount of beer for everyone of you who comes over to Germany for the Championship and also visite my house and brewery, even if the Australian Soccers will not reach the last round.
An further reason to drink beer :party:

Zwickel said:
Congratulations Aussies,

I will brew a big amount of beer for everyone of you who comes over to Germany for the Championship and also visite my house and brewery, even if the Australian Soccers will not reach the last round.
An further reason to drink beer :party:
[post="91082"][/post]​

uns alle sich betrinken :party:

Ole ole ole.........ole ole ole ole!

Bloody ripper of a game!

I was 50cent-5cent whole game!

tsch tsch Drew! You should be proud. Im a ex POM and im proud of them for getting into the "FOOTBALL" World Cup. I even went for Australia when they whooped England a year or two ago. :beer:
Cheers
Steve

Its good to see Aus win anything I guess but I merely have a passing interest in it, havent been interested in soccer since playing it when I was 6.

The heart rate is just coming down. I wonder how many heart attacks were caused by such a brilliant display of tension.

Show's what good leadership can do as well. The Wallabies are crap after John O'Neill left, now Soccer is booming with him at the helm.

I had a choice last night -- watch the soccer or watch the paint dry in my darkroom [with the lights out] The darkroom was so much more exciting.

And the paint was dry in less than 90 minutes.

Congratulations to the team - i think they did well :)

Yep was a top game.
Atmosphere at the pub I was at was great. Especially during the penalty shootout and then at the end.

Me and my mates were discussing last night though that in order for soccer to become widely accepted in Oz they have to get rid of all the stupid theatrics and dives.
Most Aussies look at them and just get annoyed and think they are a bunch of wankers.
Last night one of the Uraguayans was elbowed in the chest and he clutch his face!!
A few others where there was no contact...

Just makes the game seem less credible and bordering on "sport" like WWF...

If the ref could go to the video ref before awarding a penalty that might stop all that crap.
Or if there was the opportunity for players to be suspended is a post match review revealed an obvious faker.

Then they might have to concentrate on actually playing football.... :)

Rich

Latest posts

Back