Roos Vs U R Gay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what's the offical beer of the world cup (OK it's usually crap), and what's the style of beer in the Germany town where it's being played?

Let's start brewing, drinking and getting in the mood?

WillM said:
Anyone know what's the offical beer of the world cup (OK it's usually crap), and what's the style of beer in the Germany town where it's being played?

Let's start brewing, drinking and getting in the mood?
[post="91141"][/post]​

What :), Pissed -- bored -- and violent?

Ok -- i won't post in this thread again --- for awhile. :beer:

The first part is good, leave the other two up to you. Did you see European vacation - you could build a beer bus?

Gerard_M said:
That was the first full game of Soccer I have ever watched. Very impressive.
Germany seems a great place for the World Cup. Lots of beer & hooligans.
I guess this is a true "WORLD" Cup, unlike Rugby, League, Cricket, or Baseball's World Series.
If Australia plays England at soccer, sorry Football, who will Ross be supporting?
Cheers
Gerard
[post="91065"][/post]​

Sorry mate - but ENGLAND everytime. The only sport where I actually call for Aussies over the Poms is Rugby League & I guess that's because I never watched a full game of league before coming to Aus. Also being a corporate sponser of the Broncos for many years, quite a few of the players became good friends...
I always support the Aussies passionatly, & quite vocally too - except when up against the old dart...

An Aussie for 11 years - but proud of my heritage :) ....

cheers Ross

WHAT a night...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the atmosphere in that place far outweighed anything i have experienced there before... olympics, bledisloe's, rugby world cup.... all of em.

I'm lucky i can type, because i cant talk (at all, i have 8 messages on my work phone because i cant answer it) :lol:

Big game by all the boys especially lucas niell and timmy cahill for their workload.
and it looks like Harry is back (hopefully he'll still play shit for the scousers though :p )

Our mini pub crawl went well.... until we arrived at the stadium and were faced with "extra dry" in cans while outside..... and "New" inside :huh:

Yet to come down
KoNG

Ross said:
Sorry mate - but ENGLAND everytime.

cheers Ross
[post="91147"][/post]​

Ross,
i think the group details come out early december.... i hope we draw 'Svens' boys and beat em again when it counts.

KoNG said:
Ross said:
Sorry mate - but ENGLAND everytime.

cheers Ross
[post="91147"][/post]​

Ross,
i think the group details come out early december.... i hope we draw 'Svens' boys and beat em again when it counts.
[post="91155"][/post]​

Kong, I hope the boys do well in Germany - May even make the trip over (need to do some scrap buying there next year ;) )
But, I would be really surprised if they get very far - but hey, just getting there is great :)

Cheers Ross

Hey Ross.

Maybe the Poms will break that loooonnnnngggg 39 year drought. What's that? I doubt it you say? :p :lol:

Warren -

Ross said:
But, I would be really surprised if they get very far - but hey, just getting there is great :)

Cheers Ross
[post="91159"][/post]​

Heres hoping they do go far...!!! :super:
Guus has been to the last 2 world cups each with different so called stumbling teams.. and taken them to the "semi-Finals"
we have hope..... i hope ;)

last night was bloody awesome. last night was better than the olympics without doubt.

the only downer was the large portion of the crowd who were on the bandwagon and had no idea about the game. so many people were just sitting politely in there seats with no idea.

Was at the game.

Simply the most amazing sporting occasion I have ever been to. So much drama, excitement and about 30 heart-attacks. I cannot talk today because I yelled myself hoarse and have a minor case of "band ears" (never had that from a sporting venue before).

The atmosphere was amazing. The only sour points of the night for me was the drowning out of the URGay national anthem (just plain unnecessary) and the referee. I just didn't understand about half his decisions.

Those late nights I'm going to spend during the world cup next year will now have a bit more emotional involvement...

cheers,
java script:emoticon(':beer:')
smilie

Bobby said:
so many people were just sitting politely in there seats with no idea.
[post="91166"][/post]​

ha. funny you mention that.... i fell on 2 such people when Aloisi netted his penalty! there is no room to stand in front of your seat at that stadium and people were falling everywhere! :lol:
Some people were not appreciating my pommy mates somewhat colouful chants either. :eek:

there were some harsh chants on the song sheet that was being passsed around too...

"youre just a third world country, youre just a third world country, youre just a third world country...."

It had to happen.....

nov16_20051.jpg

dreamboat

Bobby said:
there were some harsh chants on the song sheet that was being passsed around too...

"youre just a third world country, youre just a third world country, youre just a third world country...."
[post="91176"][/post]​

and the slums song..... :eek:
that was well harsh (but well thought out none the less) :ph34r:

Duff said:
Show's what good leadership can do as well. The Wallabies are crap after John O'Neill left, now Soccer is booming with him at the helm.
[post="91127"][/post]​
No...the way i see it is john O'Neill left because he could see the writing on the wall: Australian Rugby was about to go down the gurgler because he hadn't set up the appropriate systems to develop our emerging players. John O'neill certainly didn't win the Soceroos their berth in the World Cup - Guus Hiddink(sp?) did!

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Duff said:
Show's what good leadership can do as well. The Wallabies are crap after John O'Neill left, now Soccer is booming with him at the helm.
[post="91127"][/post]​
No...the way i see it is john O'Neill left because he could see the writing on the wall: Australian Rugby was about to go down the gurgler because he hadn't set up the appropriate systems to develop our emerging players. John O'neill certainly didn't win the Soceroos their berth in the World Cup - Guus Hiddink(sp?) did!

Cheers - Snow
[post="91242"][/post]​

I'm not saying O'Neill won them the berth, I'm saying the sport has now gained a much wider audience and appreciation than it had 12 or so months ago, partly due to his persistance in signing Guus (after two knockbacks on the third attempt) who has now acheived what we have all seen. As far as the ARU goes today, what about the 'super' coach who thinks he's God and had his contract extended after O'Neill left his post?

Cheers.

Back to soccer for a moment (don't START me on the state of union) i think the turn-around in the aussie soccer league in the last 12 months has been extraordinary. This is the first time i have seen Australia play cohesively as a team for an entire match. They have sometimes shown flashes of brilliance, but they always seemed to end up looking like a bunch of kids running around the park with no team work, and too intent on trying to make themselves look good rather than win one for the team.

jgriffin said:
Back to soccer for a moment (don't START me on the state of union) i think the turn-around in the aussie soccer league in the last 12 months has been extraordinary.
[post="91273"][/post]​

Oh come on jgriffin, tell us what you really think :lol: I keep thinking about John Mitchell who was axed after the semi loss to the Wallabies in WRC 2003. Tough school that one.......

Eddie, Eddie.....

Edit: sp.

Latest posts

Back