Rolling Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whippee

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was able to score some pilsner malt grain (10 kgs) for free. This grain is used for export and is not yet cracked/milled. I was wondering if anyone here knows of a home brew shop here in Adelaide that would roll it for me.

Thanks
Andy

Update your location and you might find a brewer around you who can crack it for you as well.

I'd suggest a new post asking if there is anyone living near you who may be able to help you out - try the shop option as a second resort.

Are you aware that it is best to be used shortly after it's milled? You would not want to store it milled for an extended period of time.

Are you doing a 50L batch and using it all in one go or are you doing 19-25L batch and only using half of the grain?

Just checkin.

afaik - if you vacuum seal after milling, it will easily last a month or six without any deleterious effects

Are you aware that it is best to be used shortly after it's milled? You would not want to store it milled for an extended period of time.

Are you doing a 50L batch and using it all in one go or are you doing 19-25L batch and only using half of the grain?

Just checkin.

Hello all,

I was able to score some pilsner malt grain (10 kgs) for free. This grain is used for export and is not yet cracked/milled. I was wondering if anyone here knows of a home brew shop here in Adelaide that would roll it for me.

Thanks
Andy

Whippee,

Don't forget to jump onto the Brew Adelaide forum also for local catchups etc!

Cheers!

I am thinking that I will only mill about half for now, as I only have a 19l pot and do BIAB (or at least am learning to).

Raven, thanks for the info about the Brew Adelaide forum, will have a look.

Zoigl: have received the pm, thanks much, will contact you shortly about milling the grain.

Thanks
andy

Would like to give a big thanks to Zoigl for milling my grain for me.

Definitely owe you a beer (if ever I get up to your quality)

Thanks again,
Andy

Back