Rogue Recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brocky_555

Reaction score
does anyome have any recipes for any of the rogue brewery beers? I have a recipe for rogue dead guy ale i was looking for others maybe a american brown clone perhaps ? Maybe a yellow snow IPA

They basically put the recipe on the bottle. It'd take 3 tries tops to get something close.

[EDIT: that reads in a more critical tone than intended. My point is that it is pretty rare to find a brewery as forthcoming with details on how they build a beer as Rogue. The details on the bottle are close to giving you a really good head start on a recipe and if you play with the ingredients in Beersmith/etc and get the numbers to line up with what is on the bottle you'll easy have an okay approximation lined up then you'll just have to tinker with it on subsequent brews to nail it]

Alot of the American microbreweries put a fair bit of information on their websites as well... I think Rogue does which will help me too cause I want to do a Mocha Porter clone once the AG is all setup

I'd be wary of the amounts of crystal they claim. The American crystals must be a lot different to what we get over here.

As bum said... I don't think they'd give away all the recipe, but it'd give everyone a bit of an idea on what to aim for. On Can You Brew It they reckon alot of the brewers are pretty open about they're recipes as well. Just trying to perfect it (or get it as close as humanly possible) would be the tricky part.
They'd have to leave something out, or just a slightly different grain bill IMO

Yellow Snow IPA
Pale golden in color with a hoppy fruity aroma. Big hop flavor up front complemented by medium body and hoppyness mid-pallet. Finishes with a characteristic lingering bitterness.

6 Ingredients:

Malts: Two Row Pale, Cara Foam & Melanoiden.

Hops: Amarillo.

Yeast & Water: Rogue's Pacman Yeast and Free Range Coastal Water.
Specs:

15 PLATO

70 IBU

76 AA

14 Lovibond

I know that's not a recipe, and I believe the bottle lists different hops these days, but it's a start...

Back