Rocks Brewing Hangman Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcmax

Reaction score
I recently had a couple of brews from The Rocks Brewing Co. They were Hangman Pale Ale And The Boxer Red Ale. They were both great beers which I would like to try to replicate in my own humble 5 gallon garage brewery.

I was told that the owner/brewmaster at Rocks was previously a home Brewer and contributor to this forum and was wondering if they are still out there if they would like to share the recipe.

I know this info is now kinda "proprietary" information but would appreciate something that would at least put us newbie all grain guys somewhere in the ball park.

/// is the forum member. Pretty useful, if infrequent contributor, active here recently, try a pm.

manticle said:
/// is the forum member. Pretty useful, if infrequent contributor, active here recently, try a pm.
Pardon my ignorance but how do I go about finding a forum member with no name only a series of backslashes /// ?

PcMax, seems you found us.

For the rest of the www, simple malt bill of Pale, Med Crystal and carapils to 12EBC colour. Start is 12 Plato, finishes at 2.5 Plato.

With the colandria we get most bittering from the whirlpool, 6kg of C hops in 2000 off litres combined. Then dry hop with 15kg of c hops spread across 6000l.

Our main based is Cascade, and should be mosaic and centennial, but with centennial going to pot we are using Chinook. When something runs out (like mosaic has) we adjust amounts and run 50/50. Dry hoping is over 2 periods, once vdk is no longer evident and then day 5 before chill.

Cali ale yeast at 18.5c as well.

Scotty

God.. why can't you be helpful for once Scotty?

:ph34r:

Latest posts

Back