Rock Art Brewery Vs Corporate America

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kram

Beer Dog
Reaction score
This is a freakin' joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10% 100IBU Barley Wine THE VERMONSTER

An attack has been launched on Matt and Renee of Rock Art brewery
SEptember 14 , 2009 an energy drink issues a cease and desist order on : THE VERMONSTER

the energy drink Claims that consumers will likely be confused with the two products. I have Input from 5 Trademark lawyers In various states saying: No infringement issue. Clearly a "nuisance lawsuit".

You will lose because they have the financial resources that can wear you down till you can not afford to fund the fight, Then THey win by default.

Rock Art Brewery has the beer trademark to The vermonster in the state of vermont. the american pledge of allegiance does not say "and justice for all who have the deepest pockets"

I have offered to meet the energy drink halfway and give up my rights to my Vermont trademarked VERmonster in energy drinks

This is quickly cruising the web, twitter and facebook please show your support for our small brewery.

See the cease and desist letter, response and video here http://www.rockartbrewery.com/

Poor dude

"Monsters" website advertise their drink as "A lifestyle in a can". That alone makes them wankers in my book. The trademark infringement is just icing on a mouldy cake.

:icon_offtopic:

This is a supposedly small brewery yet they produce 19 beers!

If only Australia's beer drinkers would support our local breweries such that they could afford to have that sort of variety.

Andrew

I'd say "only in the USA", but with the Monteith's crap I'd say this will happen more and more often. Common sense says this is absolute crap, but Monster's massive legal team can likely argue otherwise.

Sent them a nice letter :)

I recently read about your company demanding that Rock Art Brewery cease and desist with their product Vermonster barley wine. This is an absolute joke. I will never be purchasing another of your products and will do my best to let everyone I know of this despicible behaviour. When your done with Rock Art Brewery you might as well go after Disney for their Monsters Inc. movie. Heaven forbid someone gets confused and buys a DVD instead of your drink!

Latest posts

Back