Robbed - The Bastards...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah that sucks mate. hope you get it all sorted. My breed peference is blue heeler, loyal and very protective of family.

I have 3 cars done over :( twice at my mums in freo and one down here. The first time they took CD's and the ashtray. I do hope they copped the gold 50gram twisty in the fingers but left the guitar on the back seat.

The next time they open the glovebox took my digital camera and tried to set fire to the car in the driveway!!!

As was once explained to me. if you get hold of them and give them a flogging. Place them outside your property line - otherside of your letterbox - and call the cops. Tell them that there has been a fight and one of them is unconcious and the other has legged it.

sorry to hear Yob,

Hope things gets sorted. Haven't had my house done (knocks on wood) but my first car got done twice - first time when I was moving and all my possessions were in it (19yo at the time). Never a good feeling..

all I can say at this point guys is...

Glad we are insured.. new for old etc etc... Its gunna go like this.. Alarm System(s) and additional fencing first then replace gear...

xbox(s)/70+games collection/telly? pfff

Im playin 3V tomoz... dont need no telly for that :lol:

we do have an old non digital telly that wasnt worth stealin.. Feelin pretty 'lucky' at the end of the day as it could have been F/Loads worse and is a good wake up call to secure my shit better...

:icon_cheers: for all the good sentiment malties and I guess at the end of the day maybe have a look about your own place and add a level or two to keep the MFKrs on their toes ;)

Yob

Now back to the good stuff... what recipe to make tomoz :lol:

all I can say at this point guys is...

Glad we are insured.. new for old etc etc... Its gunna go like this.. Alarm System(s) and additional fencing first then replace gear...

xbox(s)/70+games collection/telly? pfff

Im playin 3V tomoz... dont need no telly for that :lol:

we do have an old non digital telly that wasnt worth stealin.. Feelin pretty 'lucky' at the end of the day as it could have been F/Loads worse and is a good wake up call to secure my shit better...

:icon_cheers: for all the good sentiment malties and I guess at the end of the day maybe have a look about your own place and add a level or two to keep the MFKrs on their toes ;)

Yob

Now back to the good stuff... what recipe to make tomoz :lol:

Old speckled hen!!!

good news I guess.

we got robbed once even though we had a red cattle dog. They threw a 4lt tub of ice cream over the fence ran in and got into the house. stole all jewelry and tv got our ice cream out the freezer threw it out and legged it with the goods lol. Dad asked the cop what if we found them in there, the cop said bash the **** out of them hold a tv in there hands and throw them down the stairs. His said if you bash them then call the cops you will get in shit and they can sue you but if you chuck em down the stairs and say you came home with the front door open and a guy laying there unconscious with a tv smashed on the ground that the court will soon be onto your side :p

Also the next door nabour at one house we lived at was sunbaking out the front some one came in the back and stole her wallet, so fuckers can come any time.

Yob, sorry to hear about this and I hope that the fuckers get what they deserve. Good things shit-heads like them is that they have no taste for good beer and hopefully would stay away from your gear. Hope they catch the pricks and hope they get dished out some in a court.

Yob...
So sorry mate...
And watched your thead when you bought the place and was so happy about the new brew space....
I'd tell you all about our ex flat mate , the spiked drink , the hooker , the pass out on our front lawn and the robbery...but i don't wan to hijack the thread...except to say CAN'T's......
Chin up bloke...
Thinking of ya...
Ferg

Sorry to hear mate. Shit feeling I know.

When I finished uni a few years ago I packed all my belongings up into the car and drove up to my parents for a visit before heading overseas for a hol. Got there pretty late and thought stuff it I will just have a few beers with the old man and unpack the car tomorrow. Bad idEa. Car got jacked during the night and I lost pretty much all I owned at that point in life. Cops called at 700am next morning to say car was found torched with nothing left but a burntout shell.

Chin up mate. They will get their whack down the track.

Sorry to hear about the robbery, we used to live in ringwood near the pool on a main through road and it was a shthole area...

its about time fkers like that got whats coming to them, broken legs

I'd tell you all about our ex flat mate , the spiked drink , the hooker , the pass out on our front lawn and the robbery...but i don't wan to hijack the thread...

Tell... tell.. Its as good spot as ant to vent the woes (and giggles)

Yob

:icon_cheers:

Sorry to read about your misfortune Yob. Nothing worse than knowing someone has gone through your stuff.

You may want to check to insure all your spare keys are still there. If not then an idea to change the locks etc.

So the Mrs and i took in a flatmate to help with our mortgage whilst we did IVF...
We had interviewed a few people before we came upon a bloke,Matt ( yes, that was his real name ) seemed like a resonable enough bloke...was in his early 40's...was just outta his second marriage and was an executive in the transport industry...he came with some resonable references and had a 60 inch plasma....so we decided he would move into our spare room....
I should have worried when his "mates" helped him move in...."he" was toothless and covered in tatts..."she" was drinking a can of bourbon & coke at 10am on a Saturday morning and was wearing purple moccasins that matched her purple skirt...she too had no teeth lol
So he was with us for about 2 months ( during which time he confirmed he was a complete dick if he had a few too many..he saw my homebrew set up and asked if he could pay me to make him a beer...when i tried to show him how i brewed , he wasn't interested...so i though..bad luck mate...no beer for you ! )
So the Mrs and i went to Queensland one weekend for a engagement party....
Everything was going well...i had a gut full of coopers greens...
About 7 pm Queensland time , i get a txt from my neighbour...it read...
"There is some junkie passed out on your front lawn but it's ok..the cops and the ambo's have him and no-one got into your house"
I rang him and asked what was going on....
He tells me that the junkie had passed out walking past...he then says hang on...i'll go and speak to the cops...he then says..."****..hang on..i'll ring you back"
When he does he says...
"Mate , the bloke passed out on the lawn is Matt , your housemate"
So , i hang up and ring Matt's mobile....
He aswers and sounds very confused and puts me onto the cops...
The copper explains to me...
Matt was out , had his drink spiked by a woman they descibed as being a hooker , she drove him to MY HOUSE , in his car . She pushes him out of the car onto the front lawn ( so they reckon...where he was found by an ambulance that fortunatley was driving past...and revived) , gained entry tothe house , where she stole an ipod , 2 laptops and some cd's...
She then took off in Matt's car.....
Turns out she was know to police and had done this to 3 blokes over the previous month....
Matt was given the benefit of doubt about it all , but 2 weeks later he was made redundnat and decided to move out.....
We were more than happy for him to go....Stupid prick then txt me 4 weeks after that asking if his room was still available..."um...no"
We never got another flatmate
We have a 6 month old baby now !
Anyway , makes for a good story lol
Cheers
Ferg

sheesh ferg... u make my old housemate look like an angel now.

Cool story.
I particularly like the bit where matt's drink was spiked by a hooker thief, didn't see that coming.

congrats on the little one.

Latest posts

Back