RIP Doc Neeson

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I ever gonna see your face again...... No not anymore it seems. RIP Doc.

Another one of those legendary Aussie pub songs up there with Khesan

Bummer. Going to drink some brew and listen to Beyond Salvation loud.

saw them years ago in Brunswick with Rose Tattoo, wiked night and Doc was an absolute legend of a performer.

Very sad news indeed

RIP Doc.

Playing Angels songs (amongst other aussie pub rock greats) paid my way through my first degree.

Nothing quite filled the dance floor like "am I ever gonna see your face again?"

JD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZKuqy1Pro

Remember seeing him sing this at The Lake Hotel in Toowomba. Great performer.

I ocount myself fortunate to grow up during the era of all the legendary aussie pub rock outfits, and many of them came to Toowoomba while I lived there, including The Angels. Countdown in my teens in the 70's, and one of the first albums I bought was Face to Face by The Angels. Just a legendary album with many quality tracks. "Am I Ever..........." was a track I loved as a young drunken pub and club goer, but grew to appreciate the quality of many of their other early tracks as time went on. "Take A Long Line" is probably still my favourite closely followed by "Marseille". :super: :super: :super:

Might have a couple of :chug: later and listen to some early Angels. On vinyl!!!

Sad news. He was a great performer, I saw him a couple of times with The Angels and he was awesome.

One time he'd broken? his leg and was confined to a wheelchair, but that didn't stop him, he was still energetic and theatrical almost to the point of manic.

Legend Doc. R.I.P.

Very disappointing also, that the cock from the Screeching Jets is the singer in The Angels now.

I saw The Keystone Angels in 74 as Chuck Berry's support act. They were doing 50s revival stuff and they rocked. One time in the eighties I saw Doc hit his head on the low ceiling of a stage as he was doing his jumping antics. Looked like it hurt. Top act. Vale an Australian music great.

Really sad news.

Face to face is one of my standard 'bottling' cd's.

Brads already posted Take a Long Line, so I'll add this one, my fave song when I was 10!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP_VfWK8OxE

I will always have a soft spot for Doc and The Angels. They headlined one of the 1st concerts I ever went to (at the age of 18). It was billed as "The last great concert of the 80's" (being on new years eve 1989). God I am OLD.

I still have the poster hangin on the wall.

tn_gallery_26443_1188_639178.jpg

Have been to see them several times since. Happy times.

R.I.P. Doc!

The ABC is replaying the Doc Neeson "Australian Story" on their News24 channel today at 4:30pm and 7:30pm.

Also on Rage this morning starting at 08:53 (i.e.: in 40 minutes) a whole bunch of Angels videos clips will be on.

I'll try to record them all, although I can't stand the stupid news-ticker News24 channel has at the bottom of the screen.

-kt

Edit: Seems it's starting with some kind of retrospective, judging by the presenter's clothes & hairstyle, that was recorded in the early 90's.

Latest posts

Back