Red Oak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to one about 12?mths ago, with some friends. i thought it was about $50 then. I cant remember if u get one beer / serving or u get to taste most of the beers. basically they go thru the brewing process at a table that seats 12-15. show u grain, hop pellets and a standard 4 course meal. i think u only get middies, so no chance of over-indulgence. i was glad i went, as it was more a social occasion for me & improved someof my friends beer appreciation. but a lot i had heard of / knew before. also we had the brewers assistant, rather than David the head brewer. $75 is a lot ...

Yep,

I went quite recently.

Had a great night. you get a "welcome" beer and then one beer per course for 4 courses.

$75.00 sounds like a lot, but the quality of the food, really decent serving sizes of the courses, the quality of the beer and the access to the brewer (we DID get David) makes the night good value. Not cheap, but good value.

We stuck around afterwards and I got myself all messed up on the very wide variety of beers that Redoak stock. They certainly know how to charge for them, but with only a couple of exceptions, the beers were really great. If you want to widen your friends/wifes etc appreciation for beer and brewing, then I can think of very few nights that would do a better job.

I paid $75.00 for one lousy bottle of wine last time I took the missus out for our anniversary, Redoak is much better value than that shit...

Thirsty

I went to one in August last year with some mates and had a really good time. We also had David as our host and he is more than happy to answer the multitude of questions we threw at him.

The food is great and they match it really well with the beers they serve. They even gave us an explanation of why they matched which beer with each dish.

$75 is expensive, but its worth it for a good night out. Just be careful after the dinner as it would be pretty easy to spend another $100 on another couple of beers.

We finished off the night on the RedOak Special Reserve ($15 for 15mL). No money left after that. :( Worth it though.

Sounds like good value to me for the market its aimed at.
I go to a lot of beer dinners up here, not so much for the beer education, but for the social aspect, while enjoying good beer & food - go for it... :beer:

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back