Recipe Ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookey

Reaction score
Hi All

I just stuffed up an order with G&G so need some ideas on what to do.

I was supposed the order 3 separate bags of CaraMunich 1, CaraAmber, and Carahell but stuffed the online order form and got them all mixed in the one bag.

So now I have one bag with the following:

1kg x CaraMunich1
.5kg x CaraAmber
.25kg x Carahell

Was thinking a APA or Amber Ale but as these are specialty grains I am not sure how much I should use. The whole bag might be too much.

Any ideas on what I can do with this?

Cheers

I'd be looking at using it over a number of different brews. Mix the bag up as well as possible and just use 200-500g/brew (assuming ~20L batches) for a bit of colour, body and sweetness.. Although you will never know exactly what percentages went into your beer, you may end up hitting the jackpot.

Either way, brew a few different ales with it and learn to double check orders before placing them.

BTW, I'm assuming these grains are already crushed? If so, you'd want to use the grains up fairly quickly.

Yeah, you could do worse combinations that that....but sponge is right, don't use all of that in a standard ~20l brew, way too much crystal. You should split it amongst 4 or 5 brews, and pretend you meant it....just keep the bag in an air-tight container so they stay cool and dry and they should last for months.

Yeah i though that would be the case. Thanks for your help guys.

I have some empty FVs at the moment so its time to start brewing.

From the amounts the EBC listed on those malts and your amounts effectively you now have 75 EBC. so you could just use it as a 75 EBC Crystal malt.

I ended up doing a pale ale. Mixed the bag up as best I could and then steeped 400g. Initial taste and colour looks good.

Will see how it goes in about 3 weeks time

Back