Rainwater? Good or bad

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tank was getting a little low but should be nicely topped up over the next few days by the sounds of it.

Midnight Brew said:
Brewed today with mains water instead of the normal rainwater. 10% drop in mash efficiency.

I should have known better.
Tested the theory by brewing again today with tank water. Back to 82% mash efficiency. :icon_cheers:

Pissed down here an hour ago and picking up again now, raining tomorrow as well,got all outside work so looking as a day off for a brew.....using fresh rainwater.
I've got a bag of Ella hops plus some others,any suggestions using Ella ,ale malt and some home roasted crystal 10 ?

No shortage of rainwater in Whyalla at the moment.....not getting much work done this week.

I wish I had my brewery here.:(

I think the eastern states are copping it today

dicko said:
No shortage of rainwater in Whyalla at the moment.....not getting much work done this week.

I wish I had my brewery here.:(

I'd have to disagree with you there Dicko. I'm carrying enough kg's without a constant diet of beer and blue swimmer crab!

Currently at a 'Union Support Rally' on the Sapphire Coast. Two days leave got me nine days off! Problem is it hasn't stopped raining since the second day. Then the van roof started leaking... (Not trying to derail the thread but I blame the Coalition and CHAFTA)

dicko said:

I wish I had my brewery here. :(

At least it will keep the flies down B)

Ducatiboy stu said:
I wasn't going to comment but I just cant help myself........:)

So;

The only fly that is down on here Stu is yours, :) :)

*pops beer and grabs the popcorn*

I'm still waiting for Ducati to see what yob said about him at band camp on the new fermentis yeast thread haha

dicko said:
I wasn't going to comment but I just cant help myself........ :)

So;

The only fly that is down on here Stu is yours, :) :)
You have a strange fascination with my fly...says a lot about you B)

TheWiggman said:
Bugger me threads are digressing these days.
I wont comment on the first bit....but yeah...threads do tend to wander a bit these days

Off topic and political types fair enough but it would be great if brewing topics could either stay on topic or diverge on logical tangents.

Please.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Pigs arse it will !
I worked in Whalla for a year and I swear that when it rains the little feckers are wearing raincoats.
The rain up there adds to the humidity and the flies go nuts,millions of them.

Latest posts

Back