Quick Disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ces

Reaction score
i'm a supporter of our sponsers (just bought all keggle and mash tun plumbing i need)... but have struggled to find s/s quick disconnects on many sites...

i would like to buy from ibrew.com.au and i'm in a rush (only a certain amount of time time build). i can't for the life of me work out how to purchase on their site. anyone know the solution?

it looks like they only do mail orders by phone here

pat at absolute homebrew in sydney stocks those QD HERE at the bottom of the page, I have bought a few off him and i couldn't be happier with them, really easy to use one handed and they look awesome, also keg king stocks them too

cheers matho

Grain & Grape and Craftbrewer also stock them, but dont get them from both, because even though they look identical, they dont fit each other.

I found out the hard way....

i'm a supporter of our sponsers (just bought all keggle and mash tun plumbing i need)... but have struggled to find s/s quick disconnects on many sites...

i would like to buy from ibrew.com.au and i'm in a rush (only a certain amount of time time build). i can't for the life of me work out how to purchase on their site. anyone know the solution?

Give them a call they are really nice to deal with... I have always found them very helpfull
I hope this helps
regards
Stephen

Grain & Grape and Craftbrewer also stock them, but dont get them from both, because even though they look identical, they dont fit each other.

I found out the hard way....

Me too...................... ordered before talking to KBB :blink:

Craftbrewer has all the bits you need, ring them as some are not on the site yet.

Screwy

Since getting the pump i've been considering getting either some SS quick disconnects or some SS camlocks. Camlocks seem heaps cheaper from the states or from Geordi (asked Ross if he considered getting them in, said no at this stage).

What are the benefits of QDs over Camlocks?

cheers guys,

i got all my other fittings at craft brewer, so i'll give them a call first and try and avoid any problem with fittings not fitting (ha!)

Do you mean keg QDs? Or hose QDs? I suspect you mean the former, and everyone things you mean the latter, since theyre talking about not fitting each other and camlocks etc.

If so, there's a whole bunch at http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...dex&cPath=7 - and they shouldn't have any problems "not fitting each other", since theyre only meant to clip onto a keg post.

Do you mean keg QDs? Or hose QDs? I suspect you mean the former, and everyone things you mean the latter, since theyre talking about not fitting each other and camlocks etc.

If so, there's a whole bunch at http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...dex&cPath=7 - and they shouldn't have any problems "not fitting each other", since theyre only meant to clip onto a keg post.

hey sammus,

i do mean hose QD's, thanks for pointing out the site though

I thought you meant the keg QDs

s.s.liquiddisconnects.jpg

Anyway, in the past I've enjoyed dealing with ibrew via email. They have some unique in the australian market products afaict

spoke to the guys at craftbrewer... they are friendly and helpful.

they do have male and female s/s hose quick disconnects suitable for their ball valves. as stated in a previous post, they're just not on the site yet.

thanks for the help guys.

Since getting the pump i've been considering getting either some SS quick disconnects or some SS camlocks. Camlocks seem heaps cheaper from the states or from Geordi (asked Ross if he considered getting them in, said no at this stage).

What are the benefits of QDs over Camlocks?

hey argon there is no real benefits but i do like how easy the QD's are to use, camlock can be a bit fiddly at time's

the price of camlocks make them very attractive, the only reason i went with QD is because they were at my LHBS and i didn't have to order them

cheers matho

Last edited by a moderator:
hey argon there is no real benefits but i do like how easy the QD's are to use, camlock can be a bit fiddly at time's

the price of camlocks make them very attractive, the only reason i went with QD is because they were at my LHBS and i didn't have to order them

cheers matho

Pretty much sums up the way i'm thinking. It's nice and easy to drop in to the LHBS and just grab them as i need them. But yeah the camlocks are attractive for the price.

I think i'd install the disconnects opposite to the video. That is, put the females on the hoses and the male on the vessels... same as garden hose in that sense. Also i know others have said to avoid male fittings on hoses as male ones may become damaged if dropped, effecting the coupling. Added benefit being you could pull back the sheath in a singular motion when disconnecting, rather than a push-pull action as in the video.

I'll probably go the disconnect route to be honest... they look a little easier to handle and are more accessible to me. Especially if there are no detractions vs camlocks.

Nice find argon, that's the best price I've seen for camlocks yet.

Batz
yeah i'm all about the bargains mate B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it is not always about the bargains; maybe sometimes you would pay more for practicality?
I have camlocks and would rate them much higher than hoses and clamps but cam locks can be tight, difiicult, hot, the rings on the end of the handles can stop them from closing - they can just be a bit dissagreeable sometimes. A quick look at that quick vid of the quick disconnects and I reckon they look to be the ducks guts for ease of use.
I wonder if compressed air fittings would be available in SS and whether they would be comparable?

Yeah in this case I think I'll remove the Scrooge hat and spring for the QDs. They're not that expensive really and I like the flexibility and practicality angle TBH.

+ screwtop uses them and he's my brew Jesus :D

I would really like to put QD on my wort chiller but can't figure it out. The chiller in question is a 30 plate mash master with 1/2 barbs braised into it .I don't want them to be floppy with pieces of hose between the barb and qd. Can anyone help me? Any ideas.
Thanks Adz.

Latest posts

Back