Quick Disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karlos

Reaction score
So I've just made my first brew in a Keg, over carbonated it and while reading in the forums what I had done wrong I realised I have also hooked up the quick connect fittings the opposite way, as in grey to the liquid line and black to the gas line. Will this affect the flow of the brew or is the colour code there to stop confusion when there is more than one keg in a set up?

So I've just made my first brew in a Keg, over carbonated it and while reading in the forums what I had done wrong I realised I have also hooked up the quick connect fittings the opposite way, as in grey to the liquid line and black to the gas line. Will this affect the flow of the brew or is the colour code there to stop confusion when there is more than one keg in a set up?

yea mate there colour coded for a reason as they are differant. You need to switch them around.
There a ******* to get off if there on the wrong way as well lol

Top marks Karlos! I actually thought it was impossible to connect them the wrong way around.... :p

Cheers,
Michael.

Jeez you must have had to really whack them on hard, as the gas is too narrow to go onto the liquid post generally.

MFS.

Thanks for that, I'll change that next brew. But don't worry its not that the disconnects are on the wrong post... I managed to figure that much out, its just they are on the wrong hose lines ;)

Ummm, that shouldn't really work either, should it? Doesn't that mean you are pumping gas in the bottom (will work fine) and trying to draw beer out the top? (wont work unless your keg is upside down...!)

Thanks for that, I'll change that next brew. But don't worry its not that the disconnects are on the wrong post... I managed to figure that much out, its just they are on the wrong hose lines ;)
i take it you haven't tried to pour a beer out of it yet?

Ok lets take it from the top:
The gas line goes to the 'gas in' on the keg, which is the black quick connect, which connects to the black quick connect post.
The liquid out has the grey quick connect post, then to the grey quick connect fitting then to the tap.
It's not that the lines are the wrong way around in and out of the keg, or the quick connects are connected to the wrong size post, the setup works, I have poured good beer from it.
I think I have put the wrong quick connect post and matching fitting on the wrong line ie:
black fitting AND matching post on gas line,
grey fitting AND matching post on liquid line.
I forgot to mention earlier that this keg is a 'castlemaine style' keg where I attached the quick connect posts to the keg coupler myself.

I forgot to mention earlier that this keg is a 'castlemaine style' keg where I attached the quick connect posts to the keg coupler myself.
Thats why no one could understand.
Wont cause any difference.

Ok lets take it from the top:
The gas line goes to the 'gas in' on the keg, which is the black quick connect, which connects to the black quick connect post.
The liquid out has the grey quick connect post, then to the grey quick connect fitting then to the tap.

Ok, just so someone new doesn't get confused...

For cornelios style kegs:
The grey disconnects are for gas
The black disconnects are for beer.

Easy to rememeber grey/gas. black/beer.

Cheers Ross

Back