Question about attaching Ball lock adaptor to keg coupler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punktual

Reaction score
I am pretty new to all this so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I am currently making a magic/jockey box and have a small issue.

I have a Type-A keg coupler that I want to put ball lock posts on.

Pictures of the parts here:

Liquid :
EC3fdrw.jpg

Gas:
V6VxuAX.jpg

The ball lock posts come with black washers already inside, however the coupler itself comes with the clear washers shown. Liquid seems straight forward enough, I should only need one of them, but the gas has a one way duck-bill valve which doubles as the washer.

Do I just put the clear duck-bill valve in WITH the black washer? I would consider removing the black washer from the post but the duck-bill valve has a smaller diameter.

What is the best way to do this?

Last edited:
Thanks for reply. Sorry can you clarify?

Do you mean:
Leave the o-rings from the adaptors in and put TOGETHER with the ones from the coupler? (so there are two rings touching each other?)

Or discard the coupler rings and use ONLY the ones in the adaptor? (If so, I cant really do this because the gas ring from the coupler doubles as the duck bill valve)

aha i have the same set up. he's saying take the white ones out ya leave the black ones in.

you can leave the duckbill in or out, wont really matter.

if you ever want to use your decoupler for a transfer, and remember this take the non return valves out, the duck bill and the liquid non-return out. ;)

Back