QLD Beer Week 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smokomark said:
The porter there is a cracker, and the Irish red was quite drinkable too. Make sure you get Tony to give you the guided tour of the brewery.
Will do!

winkle said:
It's a pity no one thought of screening the Beer Hunter movie as part of Good Beer Week (possibly with the first episode of the series first up for those young enough to have missed it.).
It could be done on a rather elaborate style like this - https://www.facebook.com/events/447126072050085/
or as the premiere did it - "I keep thinking of a rule when viewing the movie: when Michael drinks, everyone drinks. It would certainly help move a lot of beer."
'

I did think of it :) but my screening copy only arrived on Friday. I'm looking for a venue, but it will be after the beer week.

It is a top movie! The beer community did a great thing crowd funding it.

Let me know when you do :beerbang:

Booked in for the Brewin Transfer at Kerbside so far.

And the homebrewers showcase at the Scratch.

Here's hoping it's a slow week at work.

I'll be with a few mates at Portabella/Moo Brew for a start, Archive for trivia probably, then a couple of others

If you want a laugh and a hangover on Tuesday you have to go to the scratch on Monday night!

winkle said:
Say hello to the cold for me Rowy. Are you staying there?, I'll go up when the frost stops.

I could be a starter for this kempy, its way past time I stuck my head in the door.
Should be a good night, Im sure as the beers are finished through the night the competition will only get more heated. With Dan in control it could get out of hand.

kempy said:
Should be a good night, Im sure as the beers are finished through the night the competition will only get more heated. With Dan in control it could get out of hand.
We'll just have to get him have a few Billy Bs and everything will remain calm.....

<shameless-promotion>

tallie's Smashing Pumpkin Pie (spiced sweet stout) will be on at Scratch for the Homebrewers Showcase this Sunday!

</shameless-promotion>

I'll also be at the conference tomorrow, Scratch on Monday night for the calendar launch and Kerbside Wednesday night for the Brewin' Transfer. I'm playing the rest of the week by ear. Not long to go now!

Any one out tonight not at the conference dinner? Thinking about heading out. ..

Get into the Bridge Road Beers Ben, the B2 was lurverly.

Had the Bar Series Imperial Pilsner. Drinking Mornington now and then onto Scratch later probably

I heard today that one of the beers on Monday night at the Scratch will be the BABBS barrell project, looking forward to trying that.

Anyone out and about this evening? I might see what events haven't sold out, or else just head to the Brewhouse as I haven't tried their stuff in quite a while...

WSC said:
If you want a laugh and a hangover on Tuesday you have to go to the scratch on Monday night!
Yeah thanks Wade - I had a laugh, now I have a hangover!

pressure_tested said:
No one on here knows me but I'm excited about infuse the goat.
Just as a general rule or because you are going?
If the former, save it for the case swaps :) if the latter then I'll see you there...

bconnery said:
Just as a general rule or because you are going?
If the former, save it for the case swaps :) if the latter then I'll see you there...
Too much work on ATM otherwise I'd be there as well. (only about 5 minutes walk from the office as well <_< )

Come on Winkle, it even starts later for those who have lots on :) Come and infuse...

Latest posts

Back