Punning beer names

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scon said:
I have a few....

8630904600_c5b1d67ef5.jpg
Haha! Brilliant! Gotta love Akbar!

Brewed a batch of beer for my brother for christmas. He's a massive JRR Tolkien Fan and was pumped about the new Hobbit move so I brewed him a Radagast the Brown Ale.

JD

Reminds me, Bridge Road Brewers put out a protest brew against Newcastle's alcohol restrictions - Tony Brown Ale. 6.66 per cent alcohol!

I have a few.
Weizen up
Summer Weizen than others
Like a sunrise summer ale
Schlamm dunkel (muddy beer)

I also drank a Hassel hop IPA from Burleigh this week.

I love punning with Brew Names too. I have a IPA on at the moment hopped with Chinook, Centennial, Citra & Cascade, four C named hops much like your own Porter with the Spices, Tim. I call it my 'Four Seas IPA'.

It's a little convoluted I know but it makes me smile and I've also done a couple of clone beers with spun off names like;

Lil' Cheaper Pale Ale,
Codgers Brown Ale,
Who Killed Kenny Red Ale,
Fat Cat Pale Ale.

Not as clever as making up a good name your own name for a beer, but still a bit of fun. :)

I too have a #fail #ale here I was thinking I was original.

Liam_snorkel said:
My keg fridge is painted with blackboard paint and there is chalk handy.
Some recent ones:
Arnold Schwarzbier
Ginger Ring Stinger
Rye of the Tiger
Fail Ale
Black Hoperations
Get Fucked IIPA

I have named my all Galaxy IPA Orions Belt,l after MIB, because the galaxy is on orions belt.

I avoid puns in my beer names but if I didn't have that policy I'd be brewing a Footy Saison in a week or two.

I rarely name my beers but if I go back to 2005 which was the last time I entered any brewing comps I was quite successful with two brews.
My Alt and it became Alt ercation. and a brown Porter which became Black Stump Porter.

In those days I used to frequent Grumpys Brauhaus and I recon they had great names for their beers... Old Fockker for the Alt, and maybe someone can remember some of the others :D

Latest posts

Back