Pubs in Coolangatta

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roastinrich

Reaction score
Going up to Coolangatta next week and was looking for a recommendation for a good watering hole that serves a decent craft beer (Imported or Aussie).
Cheers.

Obviously there is not a great deal of local craft beer on tap around here so I had to go to bws to get my fix. Tried the Burleigh brewing Hef must say though for an award winning beer the one I tried had the carbonation of an English bitter and the head to match. A bit disappointing. The flavour was fine although a bit sweet without that carbonic bite.
Stone & Wood was a different story. Outgrown their Byron bay brewery have moved (expanded) to Murwillumbah. The Pacific Pale Ale was a fine example of a quintessential Australian Pale Ale. Full nose of aromatic Galaxy hops low malt backbone but enough to substantiate its presence it's a very sessionable beer. Dare I say it's even one for the discerning female beer aficionado. Their lager however was a bit pedestrian, obviously created to appeal to the mega swill market. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1410585217.641889.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1410584888.915994.jpg

Gday roastin, if you can get up the road a little , look out for Bine Beer Bar at Nobby Beach....great venue with excellent service , great rotating beer roster, great food....totally worth a look...

Man i wished I'd've known about that one earlier, we're flying home this arvo. I'll put in on the list for next year if it's still going.
Thanks

I'm up on holiday on the Gold Coast with SWMBO's family... Beer has been pretty central to getting through! Finally got to visit some beer places - checked out Bine in Nobby. Pretty great tap and bottled beer selection - nice guys in there too. Then headed up to mt tambourine and went to fortitude brewing company's brewery. Definitely worth a drive, took home a growler and some freshly bottled ipa.

Back