Priming With Ldme

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewme

Reaction score
I have just primed my keg with 125g of LDME instead of using sugar or dextrose. Want it to condition naturally.

The beer is a standard Coopers Blonde + No. 1 BE made up to 21 litres. (3 longnecks + remainder in keg)

I was told that honey can also be used.

Anyone else here tried these?

Cheers

When I bottled I primed with LDME all the time.

I've heard honey can be problematic because you don't know what type of sugars are in it and at what ratio- which affects fermentability of the honey and thus judging how much to add.

I have just primed my keg with 125g of LDME instead of using sugar or dextrose. Want it to condition naturally.

The beer is a standard Coopers Blonde + No. 1 BE made up to 21 litres. (3 longnecks + remainder in keg)

I was told that honey can also be used.

Anyone else here tried these?

Cheers
Check out Basic Brewing Radio 27/10/10 "Alternative priming sugars".Great episode ;) Who would have thought of grapefruit juice? :beer:

When I bottled I primed with LDME all the time.

I've heard honey can be problematic because you don't know what type of sugars are in it and at what ratio- which affects fermentability of the honey and thus judging how much to add.

How much ldme did you use in each bottle? or did you bulk prime fermenter-just curious

At 125g for 21L you may find it to be very slightly less carbonated then you would having used Dextrose due to it's fermentability but it should be fine mate. It'll have a bit more body to LDME and should be a nice drop ;)

At 125g for 21L you may find it to be very slightly less carbonated then you would having used Dextrose due to it's fermentability but it should be fine mate. It'll have a bit more body to LDME and should be a nice drop ;)

Hi,

I have used sugar or dextrose before. Just thought I'd try the LDME this time. Better to use less if unsure of quantity and later give it a boost with CO2.

If i'd used too much, I'll have to have the beer in an ice cream cone, like a soft-serve :)

Cheers

Back