Pride Of Ringwood

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saturn

Reaction score
I have an unfinished pack of POR in the fridge

I have used it as a single hop in a lager and whilst passable not exciting enough to do any more batches

Are there any varieties that people could suggest that I could combine it with?

I was thinking using it as a bittering hop and then add another as a late aroma hop

I was thinking using it as a bittering hop and then add another as a late aroma hop

For me that sentence describes the best way to use this hop.

You can pair it with almost anything for me. Just go for something in the style you intend to make.

A pale ale with POR and some sort of american citrusy hop for example.

I agree. Use it with whatever. It's a clean bittering hop, so use it for that and pair it with whatever you want to use for flavour.

I've found it to be really nice paired with just a smidge of amarillo.

or East Kent Goldings in a bitter :wub:

or even an aussie ale to lesser bitterness.

cheers

Any bad things come of doing highly bittered beers with this hop? I was told only to use POR for about 20-30 IBUs worth, then something else if you want to go higher...

I definatly agree that Saaz goes well with POR

To much Saaz is never enough B)

Any bad things come of doing highly bittered beers with this hop? I was told only to use POR for about 20-30 IBUs worth, then something else if you want to go higher...

only go to 20ibu with POR. its a high cohumulone(sp?) hop, and will get really harsh after there and not taste nice at all.

Latest posts

Back