• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Pricing

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

[SweN]

Reaction score
well im a reasonably new brewer too. and i was wondering what a fair price for a carboy was?. 25-30 litre ones mainly. ive seen some of those 10 or 15L ones, but i reckon they would only be good for experiments.

so what kind of price range am i looking at?

RegBadgery

Reaction score
For a glass carboy - probably around 50-55 dollars - 23 litre. If you're thinking of plastic, foodgrade pails are available from apiarist suppliers - generally a lower price than from homebrew stores.

cheers
reg

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
I just bought a couple 30 litre plastic ones from a HBS. They were about $36 each bare. I'm sure there are places that sell them a bit cheaper. Add a few extra bucks for spiggot, airlock and grommet, and an aquarium thermometer. I don't like the pails. I don't know what it is, but "my beer is in that bucket" just puts me off. :) Also with a dedicated fermenter, you usually get a clear lid so you can see the top of the brew.

PMyers

Reaction score
PostModern said:
... Also with a dedicated fermenter, you usually get a clear lid so you can see the top of the brew.
But of course, 95% of the time humidity within the fermenter itself forms a nice opaque screen of water droplets to completely negate the benefit of a clear lid :p

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

Latest posts