Pretty Excited!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbowers

Reaction score
Ok, so my first two brews turned out average. 1st has a weird sharp sour taste, second tastes like bad cider (hoping that will clear up).

Just chilled the first bottle of my 3rd which was bottled on the 18th. It's a single hop, hop bursted galaxy IPA.

It is freakin awesome. Similar to the bridge road version, but more to my taste, I would say.

What a great hobby!

Edit: yes this is a pointless post...

It maybe pointless but I like to hear when things go well as well as when they don't. :icon_chickcheers:

Just chilled the first bottle of my 3rd which was bottled on the 18th. It's a single hop, hop bursted galaxy IPA.

Any chance you could post the recipe?

I attempted something similar to this on the weekend, it would be interesting to see how you put your recipe together.

I'll just put it here.

It was a 10.5 litre batch. I accidentally overwrote the recipe on beersmith :p

From memory it was something like 250 gm of medium crystal steeped. 1.2 kg of dme and maybe 200-300 grams of dex.

Hop bill was 20 gram additions at 20, 10, 5 and 0 minutes.

Ok, so my first two brews turned out average. 1st has a weird sharp sour taste, second tastes like bad cider (hoping that will clear up).

It is freakin awesome. Similar to the bridge road version, but more to my taste, I would say.

What a great hobby!

OK post the recipe

im in the market for a great aussie PA with galaxy

Kleiny

It's not really an Aussie pale by any means. It's a dead set AIPA. Weighed in at nearly 60 IBU I believe. I think I posted some info about it on these forums so I'll troll through my posts.

Edit, yeah it was 1.25 kg dme, .25 med crystal and .25 dex I'm pretty certain. In a 10.5 litre batch I believe, give or take a few 100 ml.

Really need to learn to not delete beersmith recipes.

IPA / PA

if you think its a great recipe then put it in the recipe DB and share the love

Well done jbowers, great to see someone excited by their success at this hobby, at any level. Drinking your own great beer, nothing quite like it eh!

Cheers,

Screwy

Well done jbowers, great to see someone excited by their success at this hobby, at any level. Drinking your own great beer, nothing quite like it eh!

Cheers,

Screwy

Sure is ScrewPop. Still drinking AGs that I made with Sav. Ciders that I made too. Anything you create, you can enjoy - remember my first AG I brought to yours? Toffee! But I loved it!

Sure is ScrewPop. Still drinking AGs that I made with Sav. Ciders that I made too. Anything you create, you can enjoy - remember my first AG I brought to yours? Toffee! But I loved it!

I.....d...d...d...d..d...do remember :lol:

Glad to hear from you, just watched the news, tede narapela pundaun long maunten nem bilong Ngun Ngun.

Look U behain,

Screwy

Put up my recipe for any interested. I'll change a few things next time, not sure what at the moment though. Maybe a little less dex and a little less crystal and a bit more base malt.

What a great hobby!

Not pointless at all! Congratulations!

HAHA Congrats jbowers! I had a similar experience yesterday.

Had a Aussie day BBQ at my place and of course had plenty of homebrew in the fridge. I've got 2 batches that i'm drinking atm and one that's still maturing. (a Dr Smurto Golden Ale!)

After a couple of beers I decided to crack and try a stubby of the DSGA and WOW. Deadset, it had to be the best beer i've had, probably ever. Suffice to say, all the blokes had a go at it, and one of the ladies too! Pity I only chucked a couple of stubbies in the fridge for testing!!!!

Heh, I remember opening the bottle, smelling the contents, then going imediately into RAVING LUNATIC mode! Awesome times!

One of the guys that bought commercial beers (tooheys extra dry ugh!) along, ended up drinking homebrew instead because he prefered it to the tooheys! That was a good feeling too!

Brought one to a party, one person tried it and hated it. Sort of to be expected when a non beer drinker asks to try an IPA.

My girlfriend liked it though, she said 'ohhh it tastes like one of those beers you get at the Local Taphouse'.

And who could argue with that?

And who could argue with that?

Not I, especially given the last beer she had there was the bridge rd galaxy IPA, which is what inspired me to brew this - a slightly beefed up version.

Back