Pressure Brewing Novice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again I thank you all. I now have a multitude of alternatives to consider. I will start by measuring the interiors of my 2 fridges as I am assuming that is a consideration in working out which way to go. One other thing - I am reluctant to drill any holes in my fridges because I am the sort of person that would hit a gas-line even if there was only one in the entire fridge.
The best way to drill a hole in a fridge is with a soldering iron, melt the plastic, and insulation inside where you want the hole, and then drill from inside out, any pipes or wires will easily be seen and no damage done.

Or get a fridge with the cooling radiator on the back then get your 20mm spade drill out and go for it.
Few other techniques to find side of fridge lines. I favour the flir camera.
But caution even with that after breaching either skin in the fridge or freezer and poke around to find the lines in the insulation.
IMG-20210307-WA0007.jpegflir_20210316T105952.jpgIMG_20210316_103801.jpgflir_20210316T103742.jpg

I have a keezer with 3 x 60L round bottom fermzillas. There is no way I could lift them in there full. I added carb stones on a tube to an extra gas post so I could carbonate post pressure transfer from the actual (pressure) fermenters. They're basically set up as brite tanks.
Zero heavy lifting involved, and it has the benifet of easily being able to see what is left.
My transfer line is 24m long, and the fermzillas have no problem holding enough pressure to push that kind of line length. My point is that if you don't necessarily want to ferment where you serve, this kind of setup can completely eliminate any heavy lifting, whether you want to serve from 10, 20, 50 or 120L kegs. You'll only need to lift the empty vessels in and out of the fridge when they need cleaning. (CIP coming soon...)

Latest posts

Back