Preparing For All Grain.. I Have Some Questions!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I'm really trying to say is that the directions on the bottle are extremely clear on all the points that have been raised, and I don't think anyone deserves to have their level of common sense questioned just because of someone's personal opinion. End of story. I objected to the way it was put and the implications therein. And Mark has picked up on that very clearly :)
I am perhaps a little vigorous in my opinion, but I'm a little over people telling me to 'be careful with paper because I might cut myself'.......:lol: Don't take it the wrong way Chiller, I know where you're coming from too. But nothing wrong with a good debate :D

I must admit that i too use both caustic and napisan cleaners but stick to the napisan for the reason that i do worry about casing myself harm using the caustic solution. Its great stuff and i do wear large chemical gloves (looks like im in a met lab)(not that i would know) also eye wear and some times think about dust masks but the napisan is so much easier as i really can be much more relaxed on it.

Up for sale 15lts of caustic solution. :)

As the other already said watch what you use on you keg as some scourers can make it rust.

LOKPIKN

You could try reading the safety directions on the label of whatever you use in the brewery. Not something many of us actually do prior to blowing ourselves up or burning our skin :lol: but! That is why the ASSA insist they are on the label in the first place.

So no matter what you read here, follow the safety details on the label, you can't sue AHB members for providing misleading information.

Disclaimer: This post was meant to be in jest, nothing contained herewith is to be construed as serious. A little sarcastic maybe, but definitely not serious.

Well,
I use caustic a lot, and one of favorites is caustic soda.
I learnt when I was in Primary School, not far from the childrens garden (they saw it as more of a playgound) that NaOH and a whole lot of other shit, we might start with concentrated acids, behave very differently when added to a large mass of water tahn when a samll amount of water is added to them.
I think it is something we all know, and whilst its good to be reminded, it is a point that first mayhaps does not need making but importantly does not deserve argument.

K

Dom, I'm shocked ,not a welder by trade.A chef.

Your welding is amongst the best I've seen,your gear is faultless.

It matters little to me, people always have an interesting story to tell.

Back